Qbasicnews.com
April 21, 2018, 02:26:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Should I include Qbasic Cameos?  (Voting closed: January 12, 2003, 10:37:44 PM)
Yes - 9 (100%)
Total Voters: 10

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13
  Print  
Author Topic: Cobra  (Read 64425 times)
Rokkuman
Na_th_an

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2002, 01:26:31 AM »

Maybe Nathan, I can get Jill to be a fighter in the game, but she could also make a cameo.
Rokkuman
Na_th_an

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2002, 03:14:20 AM »

Edited: I didn't say nothin.
Rokkuman
Na_th_an

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2002, 06:51:57 AM »

Didn't say nuthin either.
na_th_an
*/-\*

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2002, 11:31:23 AM »

Hey, megaman, don't give up so easily. QB has memory problem, I had memory problems since Level 2 in Jill (and it has 8 levels, so imagine that!), and there is always a sollution.

Let us help you and don't cancel the project !! Cheesy

LooseCaboose: Basicly it is the same technique I had thought about. I should need self-made tools to place the sprites offsets and collision boxes, and then a good memory management system to store the sprite data... I'm still so dull programming to do such a difficult task in QB. It would be far too easy in flat addresing 32 bits C with allegro Tongue

Anyhow, when I finish LONG and my coshino's (pigs) game, I will try.

SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
Hexadecimal Disaster
Been there, done that

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2002, 04:18:29 PM »

Loose's way of making his game is the correct one. I used my own approach -that's it: "first working and then improving"- in BB: BTROH (the first game in the series) just using pixel-perfect collision detection. This has the big disadvantage that the whole "hit frame" can hit, that's it, if you throw a kick the whole body can harm the opponent. Advantages? Mainly the fast implementation and very low memory requirements (you're saving the "body box" and the "hit box" tables). And since BB2: FFF is partially based on the previous engine... well, you can guess which method I'm currently using.  Cheesy  Yeah, yeah. That will be corrected soon... but using another different technique.  :wink:  (Mainly trying to save memory; I'm already suspecting some possible unstability in the game due to memory issues)

And PJ... are you already throwing the towel?  Shocked  What happened with the guy who claimed "The Best Fighting Game: Cobra!"?

C'mon! Memory isn't an excuse with that sprite size! Optimize your code, mein freunde!

Look, the saishuukanketsusen sprite, plus Kasumi, gives a bit more than 200x200 in sprite size. Just pick your calculator and see how many memory that move eats. Optimize your code, and try to use as many XMS / EMS memory as possible. And... well, everybody knows that I'm somewhat reluctant to post screenshots of BB2, but this time is special: DON'T GIVE UP, PJ!

(and on a side note, stop double posts!)

img]http://usuarios.vtr.net/~disaster/sigs/annoyizer.php[/img]
Rokkuman
Na_th_an

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2002, 04:43:11 PM »

I fixed it, it's not cancelled!
Rokkuman
Na_th_an

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2002, 04:52:54 PM »

If anyone has a websie, cn I post some of my pics on it so  can show them to some people?

Because I hate that pic, it makes the game look so cheap!
Hexadecimal Disaster
Been there, done that

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2002, 05:16:00 PM »

Good to see that.  Cheesy

wildcard
*.*
Administrator
__/--\__

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2002, 08:25:41 PM »

Quote from: "Megaman"
If anyone has a websie, cn I post some of my pics on it so  can show them to some people?

Because I hate that pic, it makes the game look so cheap!

You can use http://www.qbasicnews.com/cgi-bin/qbnimg.pl and just private message or email me and I will send back the URL to the pics.
Piptol
Ancient QBer

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2002, 08:30:49 PM »

Quote from: "Hexadecimal Disaster"
And... well, everybody knows that I'm somewhat reluctant to post screenshots of BB2, but this time is special: DON'T GIVE UP, PJ!

Umm.. isn't that a King of Fighters screenshot? :Huh:  The background is certainly familiar..

In a world without walls and doors, who needs Windows and Gates?
Hexadecimal Disaster
Been there, done that

« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2002, 09:24:51 PM »

Whoa! That must be KOF 2008, where the blond Yuri attacks hip-hop-themed-Guy with Power Geyser-esque attacks.  Shocked

Yep. That must be a fake.  :evil:  (BTW, note the real-time image on the scoreboard of the stadium)

toonski84
__/--\__

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2002, 10:17:37 PM »

actually, i figured this out while playing a poorly emulated kof game.  the sprite sizes are not variable, but blocks of 8x8 & 16x16 sprites.  that's how collision detection works on those games too...

i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
toonski84
__/--\__

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2002, 10:18:31 PM »

hey megaman.. have you actually *made* this engine?

i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
Rokkuman
Na_th_an

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2002, 10:28:18 PM »

Cobra is playable, however it's not done. I don't talk about a game until it's at least playable.

So therefore, yes I have made the engine, I'm currently working on characters and their moves.
na_th_an
*/-\*

« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2002, 01:33:26 AM »

Megaman, glad to know that you're keeping on with the project.

Toonksi: I knew about that feature. Most 2D consoles/systems use 8x8 or 16x16 sprites. I found that sollution very cool 'cause in the characters there are many zones which are fully transparent, so you're saving memory. Also, you can give "collision status" to only certain sprites, then you're done.

What I was lacking is a big-sprite builder out of small sprites... And that was where I was lazy on Cheesy

HD: Your game will be the best QB game ever, if that which shows is in full movement.

LooseCaboose: You're implementing such nice features more appart these ones found in the reviewed demo. I am really waiting to see the finished product. It will rock Tongue

Megaman again: C'mon man, post another screenshot. I can host them for you, if you need them, but you better use wildcard's facility.

SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13
  Print  

Jump to: