Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2017, 08:48:48 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Qbasicnews.com  |  General  |  General/Misc  |  Topic: Oldies still around? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print
Author Topic: Oldies still around?  (Read 40167 times)
barok
Na_th_an

How about a tasty lead sandwich?

Re: Oldies still around?
« Reply #90 on: March 31, 2017, 08:50:53 PM »

I guess people still stop by here every once in a while see how the old community is holding together, huh? 

I moved on from QB.  Went on to mostly develop in C#, Powershell, Ruby. Throw in some Coffeescript, etc.  When I get home from work I'm going to reread through some of this forum for old times sake.  I kinda miss the old crowd.

Jumping Jahoolipers!
TheBigBasicQ
*/-\*

« Reply #91 on: July 04, 2017, 07:28:54 AM »

I'm stopping by to say "hi". It's been a while. Life's gotten busy. Did my grad school and have been in the software industry for the past 8 years! Mostly doing Python, Java, Scala, C++ and such. I still remember QBasic fondly. Get nostalgic once in a while and so stop by. Cheers!
Fling-master
I hold this place together

« Reply #92 on: July 07, 2017, 10:48:04 PM »

Recently acquired an old 486 computer and thought it'd be fun to revisit some "old school" programming on it. Not sure how much time I'll spend with it, but I was writing some good ol' mode 13h code with DJGPP and wanted to compare a bit blit routine I did with something else and decided to see how DirectQB compared. Surprised myself that I was able to whip up a simple test program almost entirely from memory having not touched QBasic/DirectQB (or really any other BASIC whatsoever) since probably 2005-6 or so. Now thinking that maybe I need to set aside DJGPP and just toy around with QBasic instead! Smiley

(also DirectQB blew my own bit blit routine away, haha)

Good times.

Quote from: barok
I kinda miss the old crowd.

100% agreed.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 10:50:33 PM by Fling-master » Logged
na_th_an
*/-\*

« Reply #93 on: July 25, 2017, 03:30:37 AM »

I would favour a school reunion. Virtual of course. But I miss you guys.

SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print 
Qbasicnews.com  |  General  |  General/Misc  |  Topic: Oldies still around? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length