Qbasicnews.com
November 23, 2017, 07:04:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  
Author Topic: Oldies still around?  (Read 43307 times)
barok
Na_th_an

How about a tasty lead sandwich?

« Reply #90 on: March 31, 2017, 08:50:53 PM »

I guess people still stop by here every once in a while see how the old community is holding together, huh? 

I moved on from QB.  Went on to mostly develop in C#, Powershell, Ruby. Throw in some Coffeescript, etc.  When I get home from work I'm going to reread through some of this forum for old times sake.  I kinda miss the old crowd.

Jumping Jahoolipers!
TheBigBasicQ
*/-\*

« Reply #91 on: July 04, 2017, 07:28:54 AM »

I'm stopping by to say "hi". It's been a while. Life's gotten busy. Did my grad school and have been in the software industry for the past 8 years! Mostly doing Python, Java, Scala, C++ and such. I still remember QBasic fondly. Get nostalgic once in a while and so stop by. Cheers!
Fling-master
I hold this place together

« Reply #92 on: July 07, 2017, 10:48:04 PM »

Recently acquired an old 486 computer and thought it'd be fun to revisit some "old school" programming on it. Not sure how much time I'll spend with it, but I was writing some good ol' mode 13h code with DJGPP and wanted to compare a bit blit routine I did with something else and decided to see how DirectQB compared. Surprised myself that I was able to whip up a simple test program almost entirely from memory having not touched QBasic/DirectQB (or really any other BASIC whatsoever) since probably 2005-6 or so. Now thinking that maybe I need to set aside DJGPP and just toy around with QBasic instead! Smiley

(also DirectQB blew my own bit blit routine away, haha)

Good times.

Quote from: barok
I kinda miss the old crowd.

100% agreed.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 10:50:33 PM by Fling-master » Logged
na_th_an
*/-\*

« Reply #93 on: July 25, 2017, 03:30:37 AM »

I would favour a school reunion. Virtual of course. But I miss you guys.

SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
barok
Na_th_an

How about a tasty lead sandwich?

« Reply #94 on: August 23, 2017, 03:15:03 PM »

Well, we have the technology.  I just created a google form to try to gather contact info, preferences, etc.  If you're interested in a reunion please fill it out and distribute it to others in the old QB crowd, because posting it just in these forums just won't cut it.  They don't have the reach they used to.  I'm hoping to gather the results in a month or so to try to organize something.  https://goo.gl/forms/AMBETvl22hHLoTdJ2

Jumping Jahoolipers!
Pete
Ancient QBer

« Reply #95 on: November 17, 2017, 02:46:34 PM »

Pete Berg here, checking in!  It's been a long time.

Here's what I'm up to these days: http://www.peteberg.net

In short...working as TV Producer and traveling the world.  No longer coding, except for a little PHP here and there to make websites.  But Pete's QB Site is still up for archival purposes. Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  

Jump to: