Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 04:32:04 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Qbasicnews.com  |  General  |  General/Misc  |  Topic: Christian Programmers Club « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Christian Programmers Club  (Read 7789 times)
Imortis

Christian Programmers Club
« on: February 15, 2009, 11:24:05 PM »

http://groups.google.com/group/christian-programmers-club?hl=en
It's just what it sounds.  A group for programmers who also happen to be Christian.
This is your invitation.  Come on in, people!
Ninkazu
Been there, done that

Re: Christian Programmers Club
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 02:45:43 AM »

You guys must write really buggy code. Bad logic :\

am an asshole. Get used to it.
Imortis

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 03:42:24 AM »

Cheesy
That is actually the kind of response I was expecting out of this post.  I knew someone was going to say something like that. 

All I can say is, I will give you the same freedom I do anyone else.  I don't agree with you, but I am not going to bash you for it. 

I want to thank you for your post.  No, really.  I'm not being sarcastic.  It lets me know that someone saw this.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 03:53:50 AM by Imortis » Logged
Ralph
Ancient Guru

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 11:26:52 PM »

I went to your site and explored it a bi.  I'm not into the main subject matter, but, I think you have a very comprehensie site.

About the only thing I was interested in from your site was in the QB possibilites, which I didn.t find there, except your link to Pete's Qbasic Site, to which I am already a subscriber.

So, even though I thought your site to be a good one for the subject of "Christian Faith", I don't think this is the proper place for it, as I didn't find any qb matter of any kind, except the link I mentioned above.

So, I;m sorry, but I believe you shouldn't advertise in this forum, which is TOTALLY dedicated to the help and  use of qb, exclusively.  Sorry if you don't agree with my thoughts on this.

Ralph, using QuickBASIC 4.5 and Windows XP Home Edition and Service Pack 2, with HP LaserJet 4L printer.
Imortis

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 11:39:34 PM »

About the only thing I was interested in from your site was in the QB possibilites, which I didn.t find there, except your link to Pete's Qbasic Site, to which I am already a subscriber.

So, even though I thought your site to be a good one for the subject of "Christian Faith", I don't think this is the proper place for it, as I didn't find any qb matter of any kind, except the link I mentioned above.

So, I;m sorry, but I believe you shouldn't advertise in this forum, which is TOTALLY dedicated to the help and  use of qb, exclusively.  Sorry if you don't agree with my thoughts on this...

I can understand what you are saying.  But keep in mind the site has only been up for a little over 24 hours.  There is not much content at all.

Also, this site has a section for FB as well, and I have a link to that too on my site.  The idea is for it to be primarily user contributed content.  That is what groups like that are for.  Once I have a few more people, it may get more QB information.  I still use it so it will be on the site if from no one but myself.

That being said, I will never post about my site here again.  I only did so once.  After that I have simply answered replies to this thread.  I will in no way advertise here.  You have my word.
Marcade

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 01:43:55 AM »

There's a need for a 'Christian Programmers Club' ?

Why mix a(ny) religion with programming?

Clippy

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 12:46:38 PM »

Programming should come BEFORE Christian! Call it the "Programming Christians in the Gladiator pits of QB."

Imortis

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 05:37:28 PM »

There's a need for a 'Christian Programmers Club' ?

Why mix a(ny) religion with programming?

Why mix anything with anything else?  The answer is simply because I can.
Ralph
Ancient Guru

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 10:41:45 PM »

The name of a site is the business of its members, not outsideers!  So, my opinion is to let the name alone, as it is not pertinent to this site. 

Ralph, using QuickBASIC 4.5 and Windows XP Home Edition and Service Pack 2, with HP LaserJet 4L printer.
Imortis

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 11:44:45 AM »

Clippy is just ribbing in his...  um...  Clippish...  way?  Maybe?
Ralph
Ancient Guru

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 10:43:40 PM »

Yes, very possible!  Ted is very knowledgeable and helpful, but, sometimes, he hust can't help himself when there tets the slightest excuse to do a little scrapping.

Clippy

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2009, 04:22:05 PM »

Perhaps that explains why Pete's site has been so slow lately.

Ralph, you should know that anything based on religion is not really aimed to promote programming. After all it is hard to choose between talking to a machine and pre-programmed Christians.

Personally I like the machine cause it does not argue back! And Fatal Error is not something that you need to worry about as you get closer to the end.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 04:23:57 PM by Clippy » Logged

Imortis

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2009, 04:54:44 PM »

Ralph, you should know that anything based on religion is not really aimed to promote programming.

Actually I do hope to promote programming.  I have shared the link with many no programming Christians as well, in an attempt to get more interest in programming.
Endevor

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2009, 10:36:59 PM »

I don't get what ur fully bashing him on for, he started a programming forum for Christians, I say go for it. It's another place to go to ask questions and give answers and it's moderated by I'm assuming a Christian, so we shouldn't have to go through the fowl language some people have and cut straight to programming. Idk, bash me now I guess. I'm for it
Imortis

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2009, 11:37:08 AM »

Thanks for the support, Endevor.  Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
Qbasicnews.com  |  General  |  General/Misc  |  Topic: Christian Programmers Club « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length