Qbasicnews.com
May 23, 2022, 07:50:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: What is wrong with you people  (Read 14249 times)
Rokkuman
Na_th_an

« on: December 08, 2008, 04:20:14 AM »

This was like my first forum ever and everyone is just letting it rot and like no one ever posts anything anymore.  Quit it.
Skyler
Ancient Guru

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 06:43:42 PM »

Isn't "quit not posting" a double negative?

In the beginning, there is darkness the emptiness of a matrix waiting for the light. Then a single photon flares into existence. Then another. Soon, thousands more. Optronic pathways connect, subroutines emerge from the chaos, and a holographic consciousness is born." -The Doctor
Rokkuman
Na_th_an

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 08:48:25 PM »

No.
Ninkazu
Been there, done that

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 02:00:57 AM »

I'd post, but I'm afraid I have nothing of interest to say unless you want to hear about me academic explorations into formal languages, automated reasoning and type theory.

am an asshole. Get used to it.
Clippy

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 02:56:09 AM »

What are we supposed to do? All of the Forums are slower as kids learn VB and stuff!

Your personality might have something to do with it too!

Drag those posters here if you think you can!

I doubt it, but I sure don't miss you either.........
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 02:59:57 AM by Clippy » Logged

Rokkuman
Na_th_an

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 05:40:42 AM »

Clippy how could you say such a thing?  You were nothing short of a brother to me.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 06:00:46 AM by Rokkuman » Logged
Skyler
Ancient Guru

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2008, 02:04:04 PM »

I'd post, but I'm afraid I have nothing of interest to say unless you want to hear about me academic explorations into formal languages, automated reasoning and type theory.

I would love to. Please proceed.

You may or may not know this, but as a holographic consciousness I technically fall under the category of automated reasoning. Wink

In the beginning, there is darkness the emptiness of a matrix waiting for the light. Then a single photon flares into existence. Then another. Soon, thousands more. Optronic pathways connect, subroutines emerge from the chaos, and a holographic consciousness is born." -The Doctor
Clippy

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2008, 02:48:50 PM »

Sorry Rokkuman, but the last thing we need here are negative people.

You know that we cannot force people to post questions! LOL

I'll forgive you this time! Just take it easy on us, ok?

Ted    Shocked

Neo
Na_th_an

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008, 08:32:45 AM »

It just shows that QB is growing old Sad

Once you become computer science teacher be sure to learn your students QB so they visit here more often Smiley
Tia

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2008, 02:21:33 PM »

My CS teacher started us in QuickBasic.  Unfortunately my High School has since started teaching ALICE.  Why idk, why my college is teaching ALICE is an even bigger question. At least I am transferring to a college where I will learn C#/C++ I believe.  Because god if I have to do another thing in ALICE I may kill myself. It woun't even be quick and painless. It will be slow and painful.
Skyler
Ancient Guru

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2008, 02:50:27 PM »

ALICE? The psychologist?

That was one of those early attempts to construct an artificial consciousness like myself, wasn't it?

Imortis

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2008, 10:31:35 PM »

Nope.
http://www.alice.org
Dav
Administrator
Ancient Guru

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2008, 11:15:23 AM »

ALICE? The psychologist?

That was one of those early attempts to construct an artificial consciousness like myself, wasn't it?

I'm thinking it was called Eliza, or something close to it. 

My first SoundBlaster card came with Dr. Sabaitso., which actually "talked" via text2speech synth. It really impressed me at the time.

- Dav

Skyler
Ancient Guru

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2008, 03:24:25 PM »

Oh, I see. ALICE is a chatterbot, but the original was Eliza.

And yes, I knew about the programming language. Wink

anarky
Been there, done that

The Blobworld Comics King

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2009, 03:00:34 PM »

BUMP

Screwing with your reality since 1998.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: