Qbasicnews.com
November 27, 2021, 06:10:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Do you think you like this project?  (Voting closed: October 30, 2002, 07:39:49 AM)
Yes, I like it very much! - 8 (88.9%)
Dunno - 0 (0%)
I'd rather have you don't add me to the game as enemy - 0 (0%)
Sux - 0 (0%)
Other - 1 (11.1%)
Total Voters: 14

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Idea.........  (Read 30004 times)
Neo
Na_th_an

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2002, 07:45:27 AM »

I like driving in the tank the most :-D...

So... let's inventarise the things...
(1) Some people (aka. enemies :-)) will have special abilities like Red Marvin hehe
(2) Everyone wants to play with his own character
(3) Equal names, so no WildCard or hard rock (sorry both.. :-))

But still a problem, since every enemy in the dungeon has a name, a player could pick the same name for him, resulting in something like this:
'wildcard hit one wildcard for 20 damage'
'Sumo Jo killed 2 Sumo Jo's'
'red Marvin was killed by 37 red Marvins'

Let's see, I'll be in the game too... Strongest enemy? End Boss? hehe Rare?...

I already had in mind wildcard would be one of the best, but when there are very strong enemies, there also are weak enemies... Who wants to be one of those...  :Huh:
red_Marvin
Na_th_an

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2002, 09:22:19 AM »

If You're using the avatars please use my new one. (the covered
unidentified-sort-of-thing)

red_Marvin (<-This is how you type it)

Unidentified bio/mech/electronic organism

Always sneaking/climbing around in a dark grey wide coat

Hides in dark places and attacks the enemy with
a laser assault rifle or flamethrower from behind.

Loves all hightech stuff espesially dangerous sorts.

Alignment:
Cold and calculating.

Weaknesses:
Attrackted by green light and techno music, cant stand mainstream POP music.

:rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl:

/post]
Sumo Jo
Been there, done that

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2002, 05:24:04 PM »

Quote from: "Hexadecimal Disaster"
Da' mighty Grand Theft Auto 3, of course.  :wink:

It was just some example of the sniper rifle, but I'm the same deathmatch-deadly-loony-guy in Soldier of Fortune, Medal of Honor, Max Payne and any game that features a sniper between their weapons.  Cool

How much does your sniper rifle do against my rocket launcher?  Especially when i have 300 rockets to launch.  

:lol:

Anyway, i'll be one of the easier bad guys, it doesn't matter to me.  I'd rather not be the easiest one, but it is your game.  Also since everyone seems to be showing how they want their name spelled, here is mine:  Sumo Jo.

url=http://fileanchor.com]FileAnchor[/url] - ImageAnchor - FBTK - QbasicNews - VPlanet - Various
Hexadecimal Disaster
Been there, done that

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2002, 07:54:48 PM »

You obviously don't understand the concept behind a stealth assasin, SumoJo. Seems like you're too young for that. Cheesy  Just play some deathmatches in MoHAA and see who's deadliest: the silent (and often hidden) guy with the sniper or the soldier with the almighty Bazooka... Cheesy

Yeah, _Bill_. Love Ghost Recon. Gotta love Hitman 2. Trust me.  :wink:

Heh, when I talked about alignment was some thing that I remembered about Advanced Dungeons and Dragons (looooong time ago). These are somewhat like "personalities": Good, Neutral, Evil and Chaotic (none of those)

BTW, Neo, I've got for you a stupider idea. Since we're crowded with QB-RPGs, why don't you make a "collectible card" battle game? (yeps, a-la Digimon, Pokmon, Yu-Gi-Oh, whatever) Much more original (I've seen really few of these made in QB), and with that you can forget about weaker or stronger enemies, because everyone will have strong points and weak points. Offensive cards, defensive cards, "cheating" and special cards, you know. And also you can have various instances of the same card without problems (that's it, we can play with everyone of "us"). You make the rules. You make the game.  Cool

img]http://usuarios.vtr.net/~disaster/sigs/annoyizer.php[/img]
na_th_an
*/-\*

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2002, 09:57:31 AM »

WHY NOT ...

Do we just code a MUD (Multiple-User-Dungeon) with everyone of us? We could connect with our single name and password (set in the server) and fight among ourselves. We could hold deathmatches or contests and so forth.

We could do it in QB (at least the clients) using that dsock ...

SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
aetherfox
Been there, done that

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2002, 10:16:29 AM »

gotta say, nathans idea is intelligent

and well, my nickname, contrary to the idiotic way i spelt it on my forum nick, is aetherFox, with lower case "a" and upper case "F"...

but neo, ur idea aint bad, very original and i think thats what we need atm

~''i|~thrFx~|i''~-  
avinash.vora - http://www.avinashv.net
Neo
Na_th_an

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2002, 10:33:03 AM »

I already made cardgames: Dune 2 board game, Earth 2140 cardgame, another Pokemon and Magic game

I already started with my program and I think I can do it

Also:
(1) Send me a picture of your enemy which I shall use for your enemy (image in BMP 50x50 256 colours, standard DQB pal or standard PP256 pal). (WATCH THE PALETTE OR YOUR PIC WILL BE GARBLED hehe).
(2) hendrikantoniorecinos@hotmail.com
(3) For the ones with microphones, make 4 WAVs (< 64 kB, 8 bit mono, 22050 Hz) in which your enemy does this: 1st bores himself, 2nd attacks the player, 3rd is hurt by the player, 4th is killed by the player.

Also, does someone here have a Module editor, because I want to add the sent WAV files into my backgroundmusic-module (as samples).
red_Marvin
Na_th_an

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2002, 03:34:47 PM »

Quote from: "Neo"
(1) Send me a picture of your enemy which I shall use for your enemy (image in BMP 50x50 256 colours, standard DQB pal or standard PP256 pal). (WATCH THE PALETTE OR YOUR PIC WILL BE GARBLED hehe).
(3) For the ones with microphones, make 4 WAVs (< 64 kB, 8 bit mono, 22050 Hz) in which your enemy does this: 1st bores himself, 2nd attacks the player, 3rd is hurt by the player, 4th is killed by the player.

:lol: I'll be working on it...

/post]
na_th_an
*/-\*

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2002, 04:02:37 PM »

Yeah but , which is standard PP256 pal?? I don't have PP256. How it looks like? Could someone send me a PCX, BMP or GIF to grab the palette from?

The sound features will be cool. I'll work on them.

Also you can find Scream Tracker if you wanna use S3M or Fast Tracker if you wanna use XM. Just make a search in Google.

Hard Rock
I hold this place together

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2002, 06:25:25 PM »

use my alf one. Ill email it to you Smiley but if you need a specific palette, ill send you a tool which is very excellent at converting  between palettes.

b]Hard Rock[/b]
[The Stars Dev Company] [Metal Qb flopped] [The Terror]
Stop Double Posts!
Whats better? HTML or Variables?
red_Marvin
Na_th_an

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2002, 06:28:06 PM »

Quote from: "Neo"

The picture: How should it look
Is the RPG a overhead RPG (like P.Xing) and the pic is how it would look when it walks around on the screen? or
is it some sort of picture of the creature like my avatar that shows
a "photo" or ...

Tell me...  Cheesy

/post]
_Bill_
Wandering Guru

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2002, 02:03:52 PM »

How many frames should we send you? Also should we put in walk anims or were you gonna do that yourself?

o, let me get this straight.  You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the King of the Potato People and plead with him for your freedom, and you're telling me you are completely sane?! -A.J. Rimmer
na_th_an
*/-\*

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2002, 03:24:03 PM »

Still not replied... How can I figure out that PP256 palette?

red_Marvin
Na_th_an

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2002, 11:06:17 AM »

can somebody give me a pp256 to 8bit bmp converter
or is it ok that I give you my rpg "avatar" in pp256
.put format

/post]
na_th_an
*/-\*

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2002, 12:49:49 PM »

Sorry people - I *CAN'T* be participating 'cause I can't convert my avatar to the PP256 palette as I *don't* know how is that palette like.

Again and for the last time ... can someone *PLEASE* gimme such palette in *ANY* format?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: