Qbasicnews.com
April 22, 2018, 07:36:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CHR$() equivalent in C  (Read 6104 times)
Skyler
Ancient Guru

« on: April 24, 2007, 01:07:15 PM »

What is it? I'm trying to write a program which adds some specific ascii codes to a string.

In the beginning, there is darkness the emptiness of a matrix waiting for the light. Then a single photon flares into existence. Then another. Soon, thousands more. Optronic pathways connect, subroutines emerge from the chaos, and a holographic consciousness is born." -The Doctor
LooseCaboose
I hold this place together

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 06:41:43 PM »

You don't need to convert, just use a char:
Code:

char c = 65;
printf("c = %c\n", c);

Will print:
Code:

c = A

esus saves.... Passes to Moses, shoots, he scores!
Skyler
Ancient Guru

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 08:07:43 PM »

Can I do that with strcat? I'm trying to make a string to print to the system with system().

In the beginning, there is darkness the emptiness of a matrix waiting for the light. Then a single photon flares into existence. Then another. Soon, thousands more. Optronic pathways connect, subroutines emerge from the chaos, and a holographic consciousness is born." -The Doctor
LooseCaboose
I hold this place together

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 05:20:33 AM »

You may be better using sprintf, or if you are using Linux and don't mind your code being unportable you can use asprintf.

esus saves.... Passes to Moses, shoots, he scores!
Skyler
Ancient Guru

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 07:30:53 AM »

Actually it's Knoppix. And it's someone else's system, but we won't g there right now....

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: