Qbasicnews.com
October 19, 2018, 12:04:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: SPAM!!!  (Read 47350 times)
Skyler
Ancient Guru

« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2007, 12:28:04 AM »

You are in Sickbay. Don't worry, you are going to be fine- as long as you stop trying to get off that biobed.

*roughly pushes cha0s back onto the biobed*

In the beginning, there is darkness the emptiness of a matrix waiting for the light. Then a single photon flares into existence. Then another. Soon, thousands more. Optronic pathways connect, subroutines emerge from the chaos, and a holographic consciousness is born." -The Doctor
Anonymous
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2007, 12:50:54 AM »

After enduring many dignity violating (and unwarranted I might add!!) cavity probings, I fully recovered. The end.
Skyler
Ancient Guru

« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2007, 01:06:11 AM »

Wait! I haven't finished my positron tomographic...

Never mind.

In the beginning, there is darkness the emptiness of a matrix waiting for the light. Then a single photon flares into existence. Then another. Soon, thousands more. Optronic pathways connect, subroutines emerge from the chaos, and a holographic consciousness is born." -The Doctor
Dr_Davenstein
Na_th_an

« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2007, 02:12:42 PM »

Happy Birthday!!!

:lol:
RADIUM-V Interactive
Forum Regular

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2007, 04:30:36 PM »

I have a suggestion.

Archive the board and clean up what currently exists, and convert from PHPBB (which this board's version is really outdated) and get the new SMF. The true members will return and start a new life for QB.

Quote from: thegrogen
As a side note, I wish I was a robotic zombie ninja pirate.
Zap
Been there, done that

« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2007, 05:13:49 PM »

Maybe just archive and lock the entire forum Tongue It hasn't had a decent thread for months anyway.

url=http://www.copy-pasta.com]CopyPasta[/url] - FilePasta
Dio
I hold this place together

« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2007, 07:18:07 PM »

Great. then i'll have to find another forum to screw around on.

quote="whitetiger0990"]whitetiger is.. WHITE POWER!!! [/quote]
Here
Skyler
Ancient Guru

« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2007, 09:39:46 PM »

Then again, maybe it would be a good idea to just rename the forum... "The Spam Magnet"

Dio
I hold this place together

« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2007, 05:33:01 PM »

Seconded.

quote="whitetiger0990"]whitetiger is.. WHITE POWER!!! [/quote]
Here
Anonymous
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2007, 10:18:23 PM »

Change it to FreeBASIC news =)
RADIUM-V Interactive
Forum Regular

« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2007, 11:48:38 PM »

SMF offers more advanced features, and has recently been updated. My friend made a forum two months ago and the spammers haven't gotten to it yet.

Just archive this board as it is, and put SMF in a new directory or something. This board has needed a fresh start for a while now.

Dr_Davenstein
Na_th_an

« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2007, 12:20:23 AM »

Quote from: "cha0s"
Change it to FreeBASIC news =)

That's the best idea I've heard so far. Wink
Zap
Been there, done that

« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2007, 08:45:21 AM »

Radium: Upgrading this board to the newest version would also fix the spam problem. The question isn't really what to do, but more if it's worth it.

And while changing to a freebasic site would make sense, I'm wondering wether there are enough fb users to support it. Also it would need some fresh people, I've run my share of forums for now Tongue

url=http://www.copy-pasta.com]CopyPasta[/url] - FilePasta
DrV
Na_th_an

« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2007, 11:27:41 AM »

I don't think making this "FB News" or whatever would make sense; that would just split up people from the official FB forums, if anything, which doesn't seem productive to me.
RADIUM-V Interactive
Forum Regular

« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2007, 01:56:22 PM »

Let's just make it The BASIC News, focusing on the code rather than the compiler, and split it into 3 categories: QBASIC, FreeBASIC, and other variations of BASIC. Isn't that what it kinda is now?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: