Qbasicnews.com
September 19, 2018, 04:02:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: DarkBASIC Pro  (Read 15569 times)
Crovean

« on: January 07, 2007, 02:28:22 PM »

Hey!

Does anyone here have any experience using DarkBASIC Pro? I'm planning to start a project and I found DBP, but I haven't found any reviews on it. Comments please.

rovean... 'Nuff Said
TheAdventMaster
Ancient Guru

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 06:34:00 PM »

Sure.
Crovean

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 06:44:48 PM »

Quote from: "TheAdventMaster"
Sure.

Sure what?  :shifty: Is it easy to use, or should I maybe work with another compiler? The plan is to create a FPS, nothing fancy really (no Source Engine-like-super-duper-thing)  :pirate:

rovean... 'Nuff Said
zoasterboy
Guru

Personal Text!

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 09:04:24 PM »

By the word "Pro" I assume it costs money. Therfore I have no experience with it.

Maybe for an FPS you should use somthing more like C or C++.

-yah
Crovean

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 10:02:33 PM »

Quote from: "zoasterboy"
By the word "Pro" I assume it costs money. Therfore I have no experience with it.

Yeah, it costs money...  :pirate:
The thing is I love the BASIC language, so using C or CPP is not an option for me... Not much to do about that when I'm in love :love:

I've heard something about a compiler called FPSCreator, but I can't find any reviews on that one either...  :crying: ...and FPSCreator sounds so... hmm, "one-way-direction", I wanna make other games too, not just FPS (in the future)...

rovean... 'Nuff Said
zoasterboy
Guru

Personal Text!

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2007, 01:26:31 AM »

Have you looked into using FreeBASIC? It should be able to handle a FPS.

-yah
Skyler
Ancient Guru

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2007, 12:02:02 PM »

FPS? What's that?

In the beginning, there is darkness the emptiness of a matrix waiting for the light. Then a single photon flares into existence. Then another. Soon, thousands more. Optronic pathways connect, subroutines emerge from the chaos, and a holographic consciousness is born." -The Doctor
zoasterboy
Guru

Personal Text!

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2007, 01:46:53 PM »

First Person Shooter. Gaming slang for you walk around from first person perspective and shoot things.

-yah
Dio
I hold this place together

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2007, 06:27:38 PM »

my brother gave me Dark Basic. not pro. anyway, it sucks.

quote="whitetiger0990"]whitetiger is.. WHITE POWER!!! [/quote]
Here
Skyler
Ancient Guru

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2007, 06:47:22 PM »

Ever hear of...

FreeBasic? :winkwink:

In the beginning, there is darkness the emptiness of a matrix waiting for the light. Then a single photon flares into existence. Then another. Soon, thousands more. Optronic pathways connect, subroutines emerge from the chaos, and a holographic consciousness is born." -The Doctor
Crovean

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2007, 02:16:22 PM »

Quote from: "Skyler"
Ever hear of...

FreeBasic? :winkwink:

Yeah, I've heard of that somewhere....  :wink:  :nerd:
DarkBASIC Pro have a built in 3D-Engine that supports loading of 3ds models, .X models, BSP maps, collision detection and what not. Thought that would be good. But..... ...... I'll stick with FreeBASIC, just need to find a nice 3D engine, don't have the time and patience to code one myself. Yeah, I'm a lazy son of a bitc*
I'm already working on another 3D engine in DevC++, but darn I hate C++....

rovean... 'Nuff Said
Skyler
Ancient Guru

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2007, 10:05:43 PM »

Talk to DrDavenstein. I think he and drv are the same people, but I don't know for sure...

NecrosIhsan
Been there, done that

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2007, 03:42:52 PM »

http://www.fpscreator.com/

\__/)
(='.'=) Copy bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him gain world domination.
DrV
Na_th_an

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2007, 03:44:35 PM »

Quote from: "Skyler"
Talk to DrDavenstein. I think he and drv are the same people, but I don't know for sure...

No, I am not Dr_D... sadly. Tongue
Kevin_theprogrammer
Ancient Guru

Mister Chaucer

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2007, 06:55:16 PM »

Quote from: "Crovean"
Quote from: "zoasterboy"

Yeah, it costs money...  :pirate:
The thing is I love the BASIC language, so using C or CPP is not an option for me... Not much to do about that when I'm in love :love:

I've heard something about a compiler called FPSCreator, but I can't find any reviews on that one either...  :crying: ...and FPSCreator sounds so... hmm, "one-way-direction", I wanna make other games too, not just FPS (in the future)...

Why don't you take a C engine like eDuke32 or Source and use that as a base? You wouldn't need to modify much, probably just a variable or two if you can work with the base weapons set. More if you want to go into your own weapons, possibly. I haven't done it but I've heard that's the easy way out(from Call For Help).

^ Infrosoft
http://www.thecodeyouneed.us.to/ - A wiki of source code, mostly in PHP and FreeBASIC
http://www.osadvocacy.uk.to/ - Your opinion matters no matter your OS
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: