Qbasicnews.com
October 14, 2019, 10:27:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Clock error?  (Read 9626 times)
Rattrapmax6
__/--\__

« on: July 08, 2006, 10:10:44 AM »

I just knowticed all post are 1 hour behind, and I'm pretty sure I'm on the GMT -5 hours time zone.. Last I checked I was..

Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

Sumo Jo
Been there, done that

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 12:05:52 PM »

Quote from: "Rattrapmax6"
I just knowticed all post are 1 hour behind, and I'm pretty sure I'm on the GMT -5 hours time zone.. Last I checked I was..

Knowtice?   Cheesy

It's a phpbb thing.  I don't know why, but I've noticed it on other forums too.  I just set my timezone to be an hour later so that it works for me.

url=http://fileanchor.com]FileAnchor[/url] - ImageAnchor - FBTK - QbasicNews - VPlanet - Various
KiZ
__/--\__

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2006, 04:14:23 PM »

DST messes everything up. I think it depends whether the board supports DST, whether it knows when DST is, and whether your locale uses DST.
Sumo Jo
Been there, done that

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2006, 08:06:13 PM »

Quote from: "KiZ"
DST messes everything up. I think it depends whether the board supports DST, whether it knows when DST is, and whether your locale uses DST.

I don't believe it knows.  Now that I think about it, I do have to change for it.

url=http://fileanchor.com]FileAnchor[/url] - ImageAnchor - FBTK - QbasicNews - VPlanet - Various
Anonymous
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2006, 09:56:18 PM »

Yeah, I don't know what happened, maybe it was a recent update in PHPBB, but that USED to be correct ( i think....), but now it doesn't compensate for it anymore...
Rattrapmax6
__/--\__

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2006, 10:36:22 PM »

DST, yeah, I thought of that.... I never can see it's use, what's the point exactly? Plus I hear some countries/states don't do it, or something like that.. Making it more of a mess.. @_@.. I might be wrong on that last bit though..

Doesn't the server clock influence phpBB? Like if it goes up and hour, and so on... ?

Quote from: "Sumo Jo"
Knowtice?   Cheesy

Noticed ....  Tongue  .... I had just woken up, and was very uncaring about what I was spelling....  :shifty: .. Actualy, I don't spell worth crap to begin with, so....  :normal: ..

Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

Torahteen
Ancient Guru

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2006, 01:12:32 AM »

DST was created by farmers for farmers. It truly is worthless now.

quote="Deleter"]judging gameplay, you can adaquately compare quake 4 with pong[/quote]
Anonymous
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2006, 02:26:34 AM »

People now argue that it helps to prevent kids from walking to school in the dark also...
TheAdventMaster
Ancient Guru

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2006, 03:27:11 AM »

Quote from: "cha0s"
People now argue that it helps to prevent kids from walking to school in the dark also...
That's a bunch of crap >_<;;  If they don't want to walk home from school or walk to school in the dark they can not go to school.
Anonymous
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2006, 03:47:38 AM »

Quote from: "TheAdventMaster"
Quote from: "cha0s"
That's a bunch of crap >_<;;  If they don't want to walk home from school or walk to school in the dark they can not go to school.

Which brings me to my next lesson, kids.

Don't
Smoke
Crack
Zap
Been there, done that

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2006, 07:17:39 AM »

DST has it uses here, without it, the sun would be up at useless times. With it, we get an extra hour of daylight where we can actually use it.

But I guess if you live in places where the daylength doesnt very that much throughout the year, its kinda pointless to have it.

url=http://www.copy-pasta.com]CopyPasta[/url] - FilePasta
Torahteen
Ancient Guru

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2006, 01:09:41 PM »

Like I said, it was created mainly for farmers and the like because they relied on sunlight so they could work longer.

Now, in the US anyway, it's really not needed. It creates more confusion than anything really.

quote="Deleter"]judging gameplay, you can adaquately compare quake 4 with pong[/quote]
Zap
Been there, done that

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2006, 03:38:37 PM »

Well, it's only ~90 years old Wink

url=http://www.copy-pasta.com]CopyPasta[/url] - FilePasta
Agamemnus
x/ \z

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2006, 08:53:47 PM »

The whole time zone thing needs a change. It needs to be broken up into equal slices, not the garbage we have now..

Peace cannot be obtained without war. Why? If there is already peace, it is unnecessary for war. If there is no peace, there is already war."

Visit www.neobasic.net to see rubbish in all its finest.
Sumo Jo
Been there, done that

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2006, 09:08:06 PM »

I'm so big I have my own timezone.

OOOOOH yeah Sumo Slam!

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: