Qbasicnews.com
October 14, 2019, 10:03:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there any way revert?  (Read 6650 times)
Zack
*/-\*

« on: July 06, 2006, 12:27:01 PM »

Is there any way I can turn off the recently-installed "feature" that keeps posts listed as unread until I have to read them? Because half the posts here don't interest me, but their categories will still show up as having new messages until I visit them. And I don't want to go through every category and click the "Mark as read" link.

f only life let you press CTRL-Z.
--------------------------------------
Freebasic is like QB, except it doesn't suck.
Deleter
Na_th_an

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 02:26:09 PM »

click the "Mark all forums read" link at the bottom of the main index on the left hand side, it marks every single post on the board read. Wink

Zack
*/-\*

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 02:56:46 PM »

Hey, no shit! Thanks!

f only life let you press CTRL-Z.
--------------------------------------
Freebasic is like QB, except it doesn't suck.
whitetiger0990
__/--\__

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 04:10:21 PM »

Quote from: "Zack"
the recently-installed "feature" that keeps posts listed as unread until I have to read them

Feature? I thought that was common sense, unless I'm missing something... Seeing as everything does it.. You don't go into your email inbox and see everything marked as read because you haven't read them. I kind of like being told what I haven't read.

[size=10]Back by popular demand!
I will byte and nibble you bit by bit until nothing remains but crumbs.[/size]
Deleter
Na_th_an

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2006, 04:26:20 PM »

It used to be that when you visited, after you left anything you had neglected was marked unread. Maybe its not how things usually work, but it can be useful tbh...

whitetiger0990
__/--\__

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2006, 06:22:27 PM »

You mean after the sessions die? Because I tend to keep my sessions.. I don't remember it ever marking my posts read unless my session gets messed up

KiZ
__/--\__

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2006, 06:25:00 PM »

Quote from: "whitetiger0990"
You mean after the sessions die? Because I tend to keep my sessions.. I don't remember it ever marking my posts read unless my session gets messed up

All posts that hadnt been read were forgotten about when the user logged out, clearing the board. Zap modded it so that the unread post flags were kept over log outs. Zack just didnt want to have to read every post to make the markers go away, but the "mark all posts read" button does that job nicely, the same way that logging out used to.
whitetiger0990
__/--\__

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2006, 06:31:10 PM »

oooh... okay, well, I wouldn't know. I don't log out.

Anonymous
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2006, 07:32:49 PM »

actually you didnt even have to log out, which is why the old system sucked. if you have an unstable computer like some of us, if your browser crashed, you would lose all unread posts, and have to look at date/time to figure out which were new.
Rattrapmax6
__/--\__

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2006, 08:12:13 PM »

Quote from: "cha0s"
actually you didnt even have to log out, which is why the old system sucked. if you have an unstable computer like some of us, if your browser crashed, you would lose all unread posts, and have to look at date/time to figure out which were new.

Or an unstable internet connection....

or is that what you ment by computer..? lol

Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

Anonymous
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2006, 10:52:26 PM »

That too. =p
Mech1031
Na_th_an

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2006, 02:06:58 AM »

i had gotten so used to the old way of just comming to the site, reading what i wanted to, then closing the browser.  then the next time i come back, i could do the same thing and know if something new had been posted somewhere.  now i come back and i have to remember to hit the mark all topics read button at the bottom, otherwise i get all screwed up.

thats just because i'm a creature of habit though, and i'm still not completely used to it.  i know it sounds stupid to be saying that clicking one link is inconviniencing me in any way, it's just different is all.

the mind is a beautiful thing, use it and make the world a more beautiful place.
na_th_an
*/-\*

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2006, 06:33:01 AM »

The problem is when the browser closes accidentally and you lose all your non-read posts. That was a bummer. I'd rather go this way, I like how I can close the window and return later finding all my unread messages marked.

SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: