Qbasicnews.com
February 23, 2020, 07:05:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: I know, I must be stupid  (Read 9062 times)
Anonymous
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2006, 05:56:47 PM »

Yep, basically the ONLY thing they got right in 7.1 was you could have dynamic arrays in types.. Tongue but still, that eludes even fb Wink

but fb gets updated and changed daily, that m$ware Never did. ;p
Polter

« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2006, 08:43:27 AM »

I didn't bought my versions, I just DL them at a certain site 2 years ago....

aith without action is dead.
Life becomes easier if things are done well than being said.
Ralph
Ancient Guru

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2006, 03:16:08 PM »

Many people have commented on the downloading of copyrighted programs, such as the QuickBASIC series.  It seems that, legally, you should not. Since Microsoft doesn't sell them anymore and has dropped all support for them, morally, it seems that there should be no qualms, especially if the downloader doesn't use them for commercial profit.  However, that's just my personal opinion.

Ralph, using QuickBASIC 4.5 and Windows XP Home Edition and Service Pack 2, with HP LaserJet 4L printer.
Polter

« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2006, 12:15:53 AM »

I know, Its really unethical to just DL the copyrighted versions of a program, unless, if the program itself is already not supported by its creators and you use it for personal and educational use only...

I plan to put them on my site but I think it'll be quite wrong....

Ralph
Ancient Guru

« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2006, 01:06:44 AM »

Polter:

For one's own peace of mind, one should follow what one thinks is right.  So, quoting you,

I plan to put them on my site but I think it'll be quite wrong....

you should NOT plan to put them on your site.  Think about it.

Ralph, using QuickBASIC 4.5 and Windows XP Home Edition and Service Pack 2, with HP LaserJet 4L printer.
na_th_an
*/-\*

« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2006, 03:47:11 AM »

Go ahead, do it. But don't let them find you Cheesy I have every MS Basic version up to VB4 in my site (they are still there, just not linked) and someone told to M$ and they kindly asked me to remove the stuff Tongue

I can't understand why:

1.- Someone actually told microsoft.
2.- How can someone be concerned about someone archiving things they don't sell anymore nor support in any way.

SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
Ralph
Ancient Guru

« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2006, 02:28:55 PM »

Na_th_an:

1. I guessthat there are people for everything, including snitching!
2. I would think that the employee of the big outfits think "by the book", you now, "maybe, some day, we might be able to use this stuff commercially, as long as we haven't allowed it to become public domain..."

As far as telling Polter to post his stuff, I don't have any problems there, only, that he said "...I think it'll be quite wrong...".

Polter

« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2006, 07:15:33 AM »

Yeah, I know i'm wrong at saying "quite wrong"...
But i can't believe microsoft would do that , I mean, they already stopped supporting for the program and still, they would request someone who uploads the files to be open to the public to just remove them?!

Ralph
Ancient Guru

« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2006, 01:13:51 PM »

Polter, try to think as a lawyer would.  You know, "anything is possible", so, hang on to whatever you've got!  That, to me, explains MS's actions on QuickBASIC - or any other MS propriatary material.  In fact, all "the big boys" usually play in that fashion, as they all follow their lawyers' advice, who, in turn, are looking to benefit from everything they think has any possibility of bringing in some dough.

Now, you and me, as most of the posters here, we just don't think that way, so, it seems hard to understand.  But, imagine you are a corporate lawyer, ignorant of what software and programming is all about.  Would you risk loosing out and telling your employers to unleash QuickBASIC to the public as public domain? No, you wouldn't!

Anonymous
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2006, 02:26:21 AM »

yeah, but don't be too afraid about it. microsoft is not going to track you down for having the software, just get it in your computer and store it safely ;p

OR you could just get freebasic, because it will never be involved in legalities like this, because of (L)GPL
Polter

« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2006, 03:08:47 AM »

Ok...

I'll just go FreeBASIC... Anyway, Its free...

But I just cant imagine why would Microsoft do that? I mean, there are sites that upload it there and up to now the files are still there...

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: