Qbasicnews.com
July 21, 2018, 07:52:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DBF 6 Hour Blobs Intro!  (Read 3187 times)
shockwave

« on: June 07, 2006, 03:12:12 PM »

This intro came about mainly because of an idea that I got after watching one of Optimus's demos, Deedline Sax. It had plasmas contained in metaballs.
I wanted to put some 3D inside them instead, once I had that done..  I wanted to make the metaballs look different so I generated a simple texture and a tiled screen to run it all on, you can see the result below.

Screenie;

Download;
www.dbfinteractive.com/demos/6hour.zip (214kb)

In fact I think this is probably one of my most strange intros ever, it was really very quickly coded, there's no source in the Zip because it's such a bloody mess but if you scream loud enough for it I'll post it (but don't say I never warned you! It's bad!!).

Thanks to Roly for the great remix on the tune.

Nb. All the intro is software rendered with tinyptc.

b]
)
..*) .*)
(. (.`... SHOCKWAVE / DBF...
[/b]
SSC
Guru

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 07:24:33 AM »

Looks pretty cool, but the text is a little hard to read, maybe add a timer to slow it down a bit.

url=http://www.smithcosoft.com]SmithcoSoft Creations[/url]
"If you make it idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot" - Murphy's Law
shockwave

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006, 10:43:07 AM »

I could have slowed the scroll down I guess. It's scrolling 3 pixels per frame, sorry it was a bit hard to read.

b]
)
..*) .*)
(. (.`... SHOCKWAVE / DBF...
[/b]
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: