Qbasicnews.com
July 05, 2020, 04:16:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: BALLSBREAKER  (Read 15102 times)
Mr Match
Ancient Guru

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2006, 11:15:11 PM »

Very addictive!  Smiley

I think the music is very catchy, and a perfect pace for the speed
of the balls as they move around. Although I do suggest changing
 the pointer into something other than just an ordinary box.  :wink:

Itch-Five Design - Your source for free, well designed, web design.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quote from: stylin
I use QB religiously. Too bad I'm an athiest.
NovaProgramming
Been there, done that

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2006, 11:19:42 PM »

Quote from: "Mr Match"
Very addictive!  Smiley

I think the music is very catchy, and a perfect pace for the speed
of the balls as they move around. Although I do suggest changing
 the pointer into something other than just an ordinary box.  :wink:

Thx I'll tell my brother about the music ^_^

as far as the box goes... I don't know what else to make it?  :Huh:

ovaProgramming.

One night I had a dream where I was breaking balls.  The next morning, BALLSBREAKER was born.

Quote from: "Haye, Phillip J."
 Excellent.  Now you can have things without paying for them.

BALLSBREAKER 2
~-_-Status Report-_-~
Engine: 94%
Graphics: 95%
Sound: 100%
A Severe Error has crippled BB2 for the time being... I have to figure it out, but until then you won't see much of it Sad.
-----------------------------
SSC
Guru

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2006, 07:53:30 AM »

Addictive and yes the music fits well, my only suggestion is to make it harder, by the 22nd round I had 222 seconds left and it was only taking me 20 or so to clear them. Maybe lessen the amount of time added to the timer per round, or if you really wanna add a twist (or an insane difficulty) every time you go over red they turn green again and stop moving =D Another way to make it more difficult would be to force the player to click instead of just moving the mouse, personllay I like the idea of turning the red balls back into green ^^

url=http://www.smithcosoft.com]SmithcoSoft Creations[/url]
"If you make it idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot" - Murphy's Law
anarky
Been there, done that

The Blobworld Comics King

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2006, 12:25:03 PM »

With addition to the above mouse problem, the red balls not being bright enough, etc, I have another suggestion. If the green balls are hit slowly, they move slowly. Hit fast, and they should move fast. There should be a bit more time as well, or an entry level that's timeless, so one can get the feel of the game - which feels a little clumsy also.

But addictive. I had too little control to move on pased level 2, but I did the first level in 9.85s.

Screwing with your reality since 1998.
NovaProgramming
Been there, done that

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2006, 02:16:11 PM »

Quote from: "SSC"
Addictive and yes the music fits well, my only suggestion is to make it harder, by the 22nd round I had 222 seconds left and it was only taking me 20 or so to clear them. Maybe lessen the amount of time added to the timer per round, or if you really wanna add a twist (or an insane difficulty) every time you go over red they turn green again and stop moving =D Another way to make it more difficult would be to force the player to click instead of just moving the mouse, personllay I like the idea of turning the red balls back into green ^^

yeah I know about the time problem, which is why I took it out completely.  the version I'm doing now (not yet released Tongue) has yellow balls that bounce around, and if you get hit by one of them then the white box shrinks; so then if you shrink to POWER 0 then you lose...  The time just wasn't working out.  Also, if you use a bomb when in close proximity to a yellow ball then it explodes into 144 particles Tongue.

I think that the whole "if you hit it slower then the balls move slower and if you hit it faster then the balls move faster" thing would be cool, but I also think it's pretty nifty the way it is now... maybe I'll make BALLSBREAKER 2 where it has that Tongue.

ovaProgramming.

One night I had a dream where I was breaking balls.  The next morning, BALLSBREAKER was born.

BALLSBREAKER 2
~-_-Status Report-_-~
A Severe Error has crippled BB2 for the time being... I have to figure it out, but until then you won't see much of it Sad.
Dio
I hold this place together

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2006, 04:31:54 PM »

nice! what i would like to see is the top bar before i have to move the mouse. i like to evaluate the game so far during play. i would like to see more green balls. that would problably slow down game play though. more bombs would be nice since i got to only see one every five stages or so. also, i like the idea of red balls turning green again. i think that green balls should move too. maybe half as slow as the red ones. and i didn't understand the purpose of the light blue balls. they seemed to be innocuous. keep up the good work!  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

quote="whitetiger0990"]whitetiger is.. WHITE POWER!!! [/quote]
Here
Z!re
*/-\*

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2006, 05:17:56 PM »

Code:

I got bored at started hunting powerups when the time i had per level was over three minutes

It needs a better way to detect mouse movement.. the suggested way of drawing an imaginary line from old to new coordinate, and test every step.. is a good one..
NovaProgramming
Been there, done that

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2006, 07:18:56 PM »

Quote from: "Z!re"
It needs a better way to detect mouse movement.. the suggested way of drawing an imaginary line from old to new coordinate, and test every step.. is a good one..

*bows*

OF COURSE my Goddess!  :bounce:

I'll try that

Also; I took out the time, and now I'm working out implementing a scoring system based on how long you stay alive!

Also, the light blue balls increase the size of your box... it's more noticible if you get a lot of them I guess.

ovaProgramming.

BALLSBREAKER 2
~-_-Status Report-_-~
Pritchard
Wandering Guru

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2006, 09:18:21 PM »

Alright! It is now AMAZINGLY fun!!! Cheesy!! I've been at it for so long I have like 10 minutes per level and 162 power ups and 156 bombs!!

I did however notice some things that could be improved upon:

• MAJOR ERROR!!! I GOT TO TOO HIGH OF A LEVEL AND THE LEVEL ENDED INSTANTLY BECAUSE THE TIME IS SCREWED! That sucked!! I <was> having fun! FIX YOUR TIME LEFT VALUE!! After I got past level 48 or something...my time just crashed.

• Severe Error! I went to check your email address by playing the game (hoping it'd be real fast and error free), but guess what? Your feedback.bbk overwrote the old one. I suggest adding to the log from now on instead of over-writing it completely, kay? It's called *append*

-       Adding a small header to your .bbk wouldn't be a bad idea either. Only add the header if the file doesn't exist already.

• Make a limit on power-ups per level, being on level 48 with power-ups falling every 5 seconds is fun, but it does make it too fun. This will bore the game after a while (I'm having a blast now though ^_~)
  • When the imaginary lining is added (for mouse movement), put in a little formula like so: chance_Of_Collision_Checking = (distance_traveled/time_travel_Took) Check chance_of_Collision_checking. If it's too high (Meaning mouse was moved too fast), don't check. This will prevent super fast mouse users from hitting every ball at once.
The rest I forgot but I'll post as soon as possible when I remember them.

will Live Forever, or Die Trying >_<;;
anarky
Been there, done that

The Blobworld Comics King

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2006, 10:22:22 PM »

Same problems as before. The mouse is responsive, then nothing. I cannot pass level 2 because it can't move fast enough or controlled enough to reach everything in time. Here's my specs:

Celeron 2.4GHz
256MB RAM
nVidia GeForce4 MX440SE 64MB PCI Card (PCI from an older box)
Wireless PS2 mouse / keyboard (also tested with USB counterparts)

Please work on this mouse problem, also the flicker I'm getting.

Might i also suggest changing the box to a little spaceship or paddle?

Screwing with your reality since 1998.
NovaProgramming
Been there, done that

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2006, 11:25:08 PM »

Version 2.5 uploaded

http://www.geocities.com/flaidthedog/BALLSBREAKER.zip

--Evil balls?  I don't remember if they were in the last one, but now there are evil balls that hurt you (cause your box to shrink) when you get hit. Use bombs to destroy them Wink  1 new evil ball added each level; meaning that the higher level you get to the more insane it will get.  There's SOME slowdown issues; but I think it should be good.

--No more time limit... it was getting stupid anyways (going to
negative time and whatever)

--Scoring system:  You get 1 point every so-often (depending on level) for simply surviving; 5 points for getting a powerup, 5 points for destroying evil balls with a bomb, and then you get a bonus for completing each level.

--Feedback.bbk removed; it really wasn't meant for anything other than figuring out time limits for the levels, but since I took them out, I don't need it anymore.  As for using "APPEND'... PRITCHARD Tongue  I know about it; I didn't think it was necessary as it doesn't really do anything.  But hey, now you can play to your heart's content (until you die Tongue).  I haven't fully tested everything yet, but I think the max level is 50, but if you get past that then you're a frikin psycho! lol.  I am thinking about adding a "boss battle" where it's like a special map and you have to use the mouse to bounce balls into a hole or something, I dunno.  There's really no way to "win" but you can go for the high score I guess!

Thanks for your support, this project would've  ended long long ago without you guys encouraging me!! Smiley

ovaProgramming.

BALLSBREAKER 2
~-_-Status Report-_-~
SSC
Guru

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2006, 11:52:15 PM »

The scoring systems seems messed up, by round 4 I have -100 something points, one other thing: the yellow balls are hard to tell apart colorwise from the green ones.

Deleter
Na_th_an

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2006, 11:54:05 PM »

i had 10 pts by the end of round one, you have to go faster Wink

SSC
Guru

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2006, 12:00:12 AM »

Quote from: "Deleter"
i had 10 pts by the end of round one, you have to go faster Wink

yeah I had like 40 points at one point but I think you lose points when you get hit. but I made it to lvl 7 (I think) and by time I died I only had 9 points =/

also after you die you can't see your final score or your final level

Dio
I hold this place together

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2006, 12:37:31 AM »

i like the new opening where all of the balls fly at a different angle. it's looks sweet! suggestion: what if there were special balls (just like the green ones maybe the same color) that when you hit them, they just turn into more green balls. sorta like a cluster ball. and there would be like a 10% chance that any green balls (including the starting ones) would be cluster balls. and/or when you hit them, they might start moving but half the speed of other balls. so it would be: normal green balls, cluster balls, moving green balls, moving cluster balls. it would be nice to see the balls move at other angles besides 45. like the ones in the intro. wow, i guess i had a brain storm. if you like, i would write a manual for the game if you kept me updated on your changes. i dunno why, but i like doing stuff like that. i think i might wanna be a teacher. i like to teach. but anyways i'm getting sidetracked. i like the game more and more with each update.

KUTGW Cool=b

quote="whitetiger0990"]whitetiger is.. WHITE POWER!!! [/quote]
Here
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: