Qbasicnews.com
October 20, 2019, 09:41:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: General programming ....  (Read 12383 times)
Agamemnus
x/ \z

« on: January 15, 2006, 02:19:24 PM »

There is no general programming subforum.

I would like to ask questions that are FB related, but since FB is similar to QB, and the FB questions are often related to newer features, there just isn't a forum for general BASIC issues.

It might be nice to create a subforum that doubly lists the combined FB and QB programming topics.

Peace cannot be obtained without war. Why? If there is already peace, it is unnecessary for war. If there is no peace, there is already war."

Visit www.neobasic.net to see rubbish in all its finest.
DrV
Na_th_an

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 02:20:23 PM »

I believe there is one: http://forum.qbasicnews.com/viewforum.php?f=11 Smiley
KiZ
__/--\__

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 10:43:24 PM »

Dude, just put it in Fb help. Noone really cares what forum its in, it will still get answered.
Agamemnus
x/ \z

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 11:40:56 PM »

That's a forum for NON-QB or FB items.

I know it will get answered, but when, and by whom is the question..

Peace cannot be obtained without war. Why? If there is already peace, it is unnecessary for war. If there is no peace, there is already war."

Sumo Jo
Been there, done that

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006, 05:29:30 AM »

Quote from: "Agamemnus"
That's a forum for NON-QB or FB items.

I know it will get answered, but when, and by whom is the question..

So you're wanting a forum that basically combines the two forums: "QB in general" and "FB General" into one?

url=http://fileanchor.com]FileAnchor[/url] - ImageAnchor - FBTK - QbasicNews - VPlanet - Various
na_th_an
*/-\*

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006, 05:38:59 AM »

What's wrong with General programming?

SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
KiZ
__/--\__

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2006, 11:45:18 AM »

I see that just confusing people. There doesnt appear to be a real need for a forum like that.
Sumo Jo
Been there, done that

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2006, 02:41:46 PM »

Quote from: "KiZ"
I see that just confusing people. There doesnt appear to be a real need for a forum like that.

I agree.  Each language has a general forum if you need to post something more general.  Making a "QB/FB General" would leave people wondering which you're talking about per post (granted not much is different).

url=http://fileanchor.com]FileAnchor[/url] - ImageAnchor - FBTK - QbasicNews - VPlanet - Various
Agamemnus
x/ \z

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2006, 07:30:08 PM »

Hmm, perhaps.

Why not make a filter-forum add-on for people? :-O That would be interesting..

Anyway..

Can you change the wording of the general forum to make it "mainly for non-QB/FB issues", or "general programming/nonQB-FB issues", or something like that.

Deleter
Na_th_an

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2006, 08:42:08 PM »

i think people know what it is and making it wordy like that is just irritating and unncessary.

Sumo Jo
Been there, done that

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2006, 09:52:39 PM »

Hmm, perhaps.

Why not make a filter-forum add-on for people? :-O That would be interesting..

Anyway..

Can you change the wording of the general forum to make it "mainly for non-QB/FB issues", or "general programming/nonQB-FB issues", or something like that.

Maybe a post Icon mod would be helpful for people to just use a filter and find the posts they'd like to answer.

Actually I really like the post icon idea.  If someone could create some along the same style as these:    , I would add the icons in and work with the mod idea.

KiZ
__/--\__

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2006, 10:58:24 PM »

nuuu

post icons suck!

:<
Z!re
*/-\*

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2006, 11:00:00 PM »

Quote from: "KiZ"
nuuu

post icons suck!

:<
Quoted for emphasis..

Do not add them, they suck.
Moneo
Na_th_an

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2006, 11:45:45 PM »

IMHO the 16 subforums are already too many. It takes forever to scan through each of these to see if there's anything that I want to reply to.

For example: Do we really need Newbie Help, QB Programming Help, QB Projects, QB in General, and basically the same for Freebasic? The posts in these 8 subforums are really not categorized according to the subforum name.

People tend to post wherever they like. Newbies with questions don't restrict themselves to Newbie Help. Some Newbies will duplicate the post in several subforums to make sure they get attention. Some people will reply with FB code to questions asked in the QB subforums.

The more subforums we have the more these problems are compounded. You just can't pidgeon-hole people.

Take a look at PetesQBsite. There's only 4 subforums in total and these cover all the required topics.
Rattrapmax6
__/--\__

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2006, 11:58:42 PM »

I would like to ask questions that are FB related, but since FB is similar to QB, and the FB questions are often related to newer features, there just isn't a forum for general BASIC issues.

Um..... ?

Who cares? In the Basic BASIC they are the same....  If the Question is soo much like QB,. heh,. you could post in either FB Help or QB Help... it wouldn't matter much at all... You'd get the same help...  :wink: ..

Tho staying in the forum for the compiler would probably be nicer.. Cut's down on that QB vs FB stuff..

Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: