Qbasicnews.com
November 20, 2019, 01:51:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
  Print  
Author Topic: yagl freebasic port 0.0.7  (Read 32215 times)
SBM Productions

« Reply #75 on: January 31, 2006, 12:02:00 PM »

manually set the alpha? could you give me an example? Also, marzec, could you add a feature like some compression methods like ugl did with .pak files?

am part of the legion of n00b. We are numerous if dumb. We will enslave you all!
marzecTM
Ancient Guru

« Reply #76 on: January 31, 2006, 12:30:23 PM »

a couple of image formats like tga or png allow you to store your pixel data not only in rgb format but in rgba format, each channel represented by 8-bit. rgb should be clear, alpha is just another channel describing the transluency of a pixel ( 0 being transparent, 255 being solid ). but i guess i remember you writting a pretty niffty qb 3d engine so you probably know all that so excuse me if i speak like the uber teacher :p.

what you can do to get rid of the pink outline is not using colorkeying for your images that's automatically done by yagl, but rather add an alpha channel to your images ( gimp photoshop etc. can do that easily ) and make all the background pixels have an alpha value of 0 and black. i'm not so good with gimp but even i can do it in 2 simple steps ( add alpha layer, change alpha by color or something like that ). this is nothing i could avoid unless i used another filter for blitting which would result in VERY ugly quality when you scale or rotate an image.

on your feature request: i already considered it and if you care you could post it on the feature request forum on the yagl site. i can not guarantee to include that in the next time as yagl is still a one man show and it's tedious doing it that way. but as i said i consider it, i hope you understand that it does not have high priority atm though as yagl is still not even alpha and there#s a lot of stuff that needs to be tested and possibly fixed.

quote="NecrosIhsan"]

[/quote]
DrV
Na_th_an

« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2006, 02:28:17 AM »

Quote from: "SBM Productions"
Also, marzec, could you add a feature like some compression methods like ugl did with .pak files?

If I remember correctly, uGL just used the (uncompressed) Quake I pak format...  Though some form of compression support in yagl would be nifty. Smiley
marzecTM
Ancient Guru

« Reply #78 on: February 02, 2006, 04:05:32 AM »

revision 0.0.4 is out with a couple of fixes and additions ( that are not yet in the wrapper though ) see the homepage for more information.

quote="NecrosIhsan"]

[/quote]
marzecTM
Ancient Guru

« Reply #79 on: February 05, 2006, 04:14:34 AM »

anyone who wants to contribute here's a list of things that needs to be done for release 0.1, it's mostly about writting samples and documentation so if you find the time and want to help out post in this thread below and state what you want to contribute.

http://goddess.selfip.com/yagl/forum/viewtopic.php?p=65#65

quote="NecrosIhsan"]

[/quote]
marzecTM
Ancient Guru

« Reply #80 on: February 06, 2006, 02:47:23 PM »

blitz, master of the universe and then some offered to write a collision module for yagl if 30 people vote for yes in the following poll

http://ratatoskr.dragonhill.cc/forum/viewtopic.php?p=888#888

so please vote for the wank!

quote="NecrosIhsan"]

[/quote]
marzecTM
Ancient Guru

« Reply #81 on: February 06, 2006, 10:05:53 PM »

new revision 0.0.5 see the site for more info, make sure you check out the changelog and docs Smiley

quote="NecrosIhsan"]

[/quote]
SBM Productions

« Reply #82 on: February 07, 2006, 08:21:48 AM »

how do I use the vsynch?

am part of the legion of n00b. We are numerous if dumb. We will enslave you all!
marzecTM
Ancient Guru

« Reply #83 on: February 07, 2006, 09:08:43 AM »

YaglGfxDevice_enableVSynch to enable vsynching, YaglGfxDevice_disableVSynch to disable vsynching.

quote="NecrosIhsan"]

[/quote]
marzecTM
Ancient Guru

« Reply #84 on: February 08, 2006, 01:18:58 PM »

version 0.0.6 is out with direct surface access go fecth Smiley

quote="NecrosIhsan"]

[/quote]
marzecTM
Ancient Guru

« Reply #85 on: February 09, 2006, 09:57:20 AM »

revision 0.0.7 is out with tinting

quote="NecrosIhsan"]

[/quote]
Z!re
*/-\*

« Reply #86 on: February 09, 2006, 10:22:57 AM »

Woo!

All hail yagl and marzec!
TheDarkJay
I hold this place together

« Reply #87 on: February 09, 2006, 05:09:40 PM »

Hmm.

Two things

What is Ranging?
What is tinting?

Well, anyway: I've started using the C wrapper in C++ for a project...once i get adapted.

I'm a bit  :barf: at the moment so am really having trouble working on it...Maybe moving the Mouse Click thingy i made to C++ will calm me down....

url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][/url]
Z!re
*/-\*

« Reply #88 on: February 09, 2006, 05:32:16 PM »

Quote from: "TheDarkJay"
Hmm.

Two things

What is Ranging?
What is tinting?

Well, anyway: I've started using the C wrapper in C++ for a project...once i get adapted.

I'm a bit  :barf: at the moment so am really having trouble working on it...Maybe moving the Mouse Click thingy i made to C++ will calm me down....
Where do you see ranging?
Tinting is where you "blend" A color ontop of what you blit, such as making a sprite redish, or blueish, or whatever you prefer. Can be used for various effects and coding techniques..
marzecTM
Ancient Guru

« Reply #89 on: February 09, 2006, 05:57:52 PM »

ranging is only blitting a part of a surface, that is only blit a certain range of the surface.

quote="NecrosIhsan"]

[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
  Print  

Jump to: