Qbasicnews.com
July 20, 2019, 11:25:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looky  (Read 9211 times)
Deleter
Na_th_an

« on: January 27, 2006, 07:42:34 AM »

comments/thoughts/opinions

for once it was all done by me, art and code took roughly 5 hours (minus the guy, i modeled that before).

na_th_an
*/-\*

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 08:23:29 AM »

Looks nice. What sorting techniques are you using? Does the engine allow different heights (i.e. is it really 3D, or just 2D?).

About the gfx, tone the saturation down a bit. My eyes hurt! Wink

SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
KiZ
__/--\__

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2006, 11:25:11 AM »

Looks interesting, but tone the colours down and get a bit of texture and shading in there :)

And what's with the walls as high and thick as skyscrapers made of bricks the size of houses? ^^
Deleter
Na_th_an

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2006, 03:02:46 PM »

its an iso engine, not really 3d, but there is a z which basically affects the height of the object. I know about the rediculous contrast as well, I'll change that before the next screenshot. The buildings are just in there because I had just made them before I started making the engine, and I needed something to test with. And its fun to think about a game where you play a guy as tall as a building (king kong anyone? Wink). I am also working on a 3d engine as well, this is just a small side project that I am making for fun. Thanks for the positive replies Smiley

wallace
Wandering Guru

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2006, 10:13:11 PM »

O o o.  My favourite video game of all time was Snake Rattle and Roll for NES.  That's what I thought of the second I saw that shot, are you planning something like that?

f you play a Microsoft CD backwards you can hear demonic voices.  The scary part is that if you play it forwards it installs Windows.
Deleter
Na_th_an

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2006, 11:29:22 PM »

No, that would require more work than I'm putting into this...however, after reading a review for that game I am tempted to make something like it.

Kevin_theprogrammer
Ancient Guru

Mister Chaucer

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2006, 11:38:23 PM »

Let me guess, if you plan to continue the engine, you would make either:
1. A sim city 2000-like game
2. An RTS war game

^ Infrosoft
http://www.thecodeyouneed.us.to/ - A wiki of source code, mostly in PHP and FreeBASIC
http://www.osadvocacy.uk.to/ - Your opinion matters no matter your OS
Deleter
Na_th_an

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2006, 01:26:16 AM »

Quote from: "Kevin_theprogrammer"
Let me guess, if you plan to continue the engine, you would make either:
1. A sim city 2000-like game
2. An RTS war game

Tongue
Actually it is going to be used in:
1) A mp deathmatch game
2) A Diablo-like RPG

maybe:
3) A starcraft-like RTS

Although, the simcity did cross my mind Wink

thegrogen
Ancient QBer

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2006, 01:41:59 AM »

Doesn't look too bad. I was working on an isometric RTS (kinda like Age of Mythology), but I'm not allowed to work on that until Spring Break, so I probably won't post any screenshots for a very long time (the computer it's has no net connection whatsoever). Mine uses somewhat smaller tiles than yours does, but it still looks pretty good.

Until then, I'm going to keep working on my OS (which I'll be porting a FB to when it can run programs, and I might even port the entire OS to FB).

Glarplesnarkleflibbertygibbertygarbethparkentalelelangathaffendoinkadonkeydingdonkaspamahedron.
Deleter
Na_th_an

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2006, 03:51:34 AM »

Ok, under some unknown inspiration, I decided to make a maze generator, and plug it into my engine. :lol:

The result:

Lost in the maze

Hiding behind a wall (to show off the cool outline effect)

Escape!

And you get a chance to try it as well...if you dare
IsoMaze

Although my maze generator leaves much to be desired, a path out it does not. So don't worry about there not being a solution, there is, just keep looking. If you want, tell me avg fps and machine specs. If you are having trouble finding a way out, here's a hint
> Don't you just those walls would be SPACEs? <

edit:download updated, had a small collision bug Tongue

Dio
I hold this place together

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2006, 05:00:26 AM »

even a blind man can find his way out of a maze if he always keeps his hand touching the wall.
anyways, pretty good!.

quote="whitetiger0990"]whitetiger is.. WHITE POWER!!! [/quote]
Here
yetifoot
Ancient Guru

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2006, 08:24:40 AM »

even a blind man can find his way out of a maze if he always keeps his hand touching the wall.

shush! you've just blown my big secret when playing Wolf3D

EVEN MEN OF STEEL RUST.
Deleter
Na_th_an

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2006, 01:21:52 PM »

Quote from: "Dio"
anyways, pretty good!.

Thats not exactly true..
In a maze like this (which is not a perfect maze since it has loops), he would keep following the wall where he started indefinitely. But my maze isn't like that. Wink
Code:

|   o     o   |
|             |
|ooooooEoooooo|
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dio
I hold this place together

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2006, 12:08:20 AM »

yeah, when i was playing your maze and realized the blind thing i waited 'till i got to the very edge of it so i knew i wasn't sticking to a island  Smiley
poor blind man.

quote="whitetiger0990"]whitetiger is.. WHITE POWER!!! [/quote]
Here
Deleter
Na_th_an

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2006, 12:03:26 AM »

Quote from: "Dio"
yeah, when i was playing your maze and realized the blind thing i waited 'till i got to the very edge of it so i knew i wasn't sticking to a island  Smiley
poor blind man.

just wait till i implement the random monsters in the maze, then he will be really screwed.  :wink:

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: