Qbasicnews.com
April 12, 2021, 07:25:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: is there any tutorials?  (Read 8242 times)
fbyay

« on: December 18, 2005, 08:14:58 PM »

HI i was wondering if there were any good fbide tutorials.  :roll:

8% of the teenage population smokes or has smoked pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy and paste this in your signature.
stylin
Ancient QBer

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2005, 08:18:25 PM »

What are you having trouble with?

stylin:
fbyay

lol
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2005, 08:19:52 PM »

im a noob i only no the print command screen command and the locate command

8% of the teenage population smokes or has smoked pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy and paste this in your signature.
fbyay

?
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2005, 08:25:41 PM »

dosent anyone know any tutorials?

KiZ
__/--\__

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2005, 08:29:13 PM »

I think you mean FreeBasic tutorials, not FBIDE. FBIDE is just the "environment" that you code in. The actual language is FreeBasic.

There are a couple here http://www.freebasic.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=CommunityTutorials

They arent very comprehensive, especially for beginners, but most QBasic tutorials will help you understand the important commands and functions and  will still work fine in FB.

Do a google search for "qbasic tutorial"
fbyay

sry
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2005, 08:31:54 PM »

hey im sry but thats where i went before and thanks for telling me about the tutorials anyways. :-?  :Huh:

KiZ
__/--\__

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2005, 08:33:55 PM »

http://qbasicnews.com/learn/tutorials.shtml

Pretty much all of this should work in FB :)

Apart from the mouse routine. That is outdated, check the GETMOUSE command in FB docs.

also: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/5967/qbasic.txt
yetifoot
Ancient Guru

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2005, 08:41:34 PM »

get over to the freebasic wiki @

www.freebasic.net/wiki

this has the manual and some tutorials

EVEN MEN OF STEEL RUST.
fbyay

thx
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2005, 08:42:15 PM »

thx! Tongue

KiZ
__/--\__

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2005, 08:47:25 PM »

Quote from: "yetifoot"
get over to the freebasic wiki @

www.freebasic.net/wiki

this has the manual and some tutorials

silly yetifoot, read the rest of the thread before opening your chavvish mouth :P
fbyay

LOL
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2005, 08:53:20 PM »

ya i know that stuff thats there what i need to know is like circle movement. Cool  :lol:

speedlemon
I hold this place together

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2005, 08:59:47 PM »

Code:

move circle 1,0

but seriously, can you check out any examples that came with fb? :wink:  then come back with more specific questions maybe.  circle movement, while not complex, is a process.  And if i just told you it, it wouldn't make much sense to you, if you only know 2 commands in qb.
fbyay

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2005, 09:01:49 PM »

the examples work with the compiler not the fbide..

marinedalek
Forum Regular

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2005, 09:04:12 PM »

Erm....

You open the examples with FBIde, then you can use FBIde to run them through the compiler. FBIde is a bit like an extended verstion of Notepad which tells the compiler to compile the program you're editing.

fbyay

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2005, 09:04:34 PM »

i already learn qb

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: