Qbasicnews.com
November 11, 2019, 09:36:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: 90-minute old-skool game creation challenge in FB!  (Read 15297 times)
na_th_an
*/-\*

« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2005, 11:42:15 AM »

Mr Polack, "Mine Field" is a pretty old game Smiley and Nixon's version is pretty awesome.

Take a glance at the original here.

SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
Kylemc
Guru

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2005, 02:00:51 PM »

It's a nice game, but I think AAP is getting a bit carried away. 'Splendid originality'??
Adigun A. Polack
Ancient Guru

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2005, 04:53:44 PM »

To Kylemc:

For all I know there, I said ‘splendid originality’ at the time because I have not known that the original Sinclair version of the game even existed at all..... until just now, that is.  Pardon me for that, I just gotta be more careful about my words, that is all.  Wink

And to Na_th_an:

I *did not* know that there was an original Sinclair version of Mine Field.... in fact, in all my childhood, I have never even seen or heard of it at all.  Ever.  And so, I thank you so much for bringing this to my attention, man!  Cheesy=b

You are absolutely right about Nixon’s version being awesome and all, because hey, I am all for it on that!  :king:

See you both again, and thank you so much for some fine references that I never even knew about myself!!

- Adigun Azikiwe Polack
One of the Founders of “Aura Flow” ::: Continuing Developer of “Frantic Journey”
Current Developer of “Star Angelic Slugger” ::: Webmaster of the “AAP Official Projects Squad”
Original Creator of the “The New FreeBASIC 8-Bit Palette Machine” and “AFlib2 - Aura Flow Library 2”

url=http://dhost.hopto.org/aapproj/][/url]
Your *official* home of the FreeBasic GFX Demo Central, now holding over 150 FB graphics demos so far!!!  Cheesy !
Adigun A. Polack
Ancient Guru

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2006, 06:50:51 PM »

To all of you (this is VERY important!):

Right up front, pardon me for posting twice in a row here, because there is some stuff that I want to break to you tonight regarding this challenge!  Wink

Since the time-frame towards the December 2005 issue of QB Express took WAY too long than was originally expected, I will be very fair to people wanting to enter this challenge by extending the deadline to the forthcoming deadline of the February 2006 issue of QB Express.  Because then I am giving you some breathing distance in coming up with your 90-minute game in FB, that is for sure!

Be seeing you, and enjoy the extension!!!  Cheesy !

- Adigun Azikiwe Polack
One of the Founders of “Aura Flow” ::: Continuing Developer of “Frantic Journey”
Current Developer of “Star Angelic Slugger” ::: Webmaster of the “AAP Official Projects Squad”
Original Creator of the “The New FreeBASIC 8-Bit Palette Machine” and “AFlib2 - Aura Flow Library 2”

P.S. Rules have updated a bit for this challenge, so please see the top and opening post of this thread.  Thanks!!!  :cool:=b

UPDATE (on 1-16-2006 at 2:24pm EST): When I originally written this message, I accidentally misquoted the deadline timing.  Now, I adjusted the message to fit the proper deadline.  So, final word is that the deadline for this challenge is the *exact* same as the forthcoming deadline for the February issue of QB Express.  There we stand.  Wink

Your *official* home of the FreeBasic GFX Demo Central, now holding over 150 FB graphics demos so far!!!  Cheesy !
Adigun A. Polack
Ancient Guru

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2006, 02:34:07 AM »

To all of you (and pay real important attention, please!  Cheesy ):

Pardon me again please for posting another post in a row in this thread, but I want to let you know right now that the deadline for this current challenge has just been revealed: Saturday, February 18, 2006.  That is the EXACT same date as the deadline of the forthcoming February issue of QB Express, as promised.  Wink

So far, I have gotten three (3) wonderful entries, and I am *really* looking forward to seeing more, so please refer to the very first post in this thread for more details on how to enter this interesting challenge if you haven’t already, alright?  Smiley=b

Thank you so much for your fine patrionage, and please continue to enjoy this one richly!  

- Adigun Azikiwe Polack

Adigun A. Polack
Ancient Guru

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2006, 06:59:43 PM »

To all of you right now again:

The deadline for this 90-min old-skool game creation challenge is THIS SATURDAY, so if you have any new entries done, be sure to send them in *pronto* before time runs out!!  Cheesy !  Be sure to check out my first post of this thread to find out how this challenge works, ok now?  Thank you very much!  Wink

Alright.  See you again now, and pardon me for posting another post in a row, by the way.

- Adigun Azikiwe Polack

Adigun A. Polack
Ancient Guru

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2006, 02:58:17 AM »

To all of you:

THE CHALLENGE NOW HAS ENDED.  Of the three (3) great entries that I have received here, you may now vote for one of them right here.  :cool:

For those who have entered, thank you *so* much for your wonderful time, effort, and participation.  Cheesy !

Be seeing you all again (and pardon me again for making yet another post in a row, by the way)!!  Wink

- Adigun Azikiwe Polack

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: