Qbasicnews.com
October 20, 2019, 10:02:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Ignore Users  (Read 20640 times)
Sumo Jo
Been there, done that

« on: December 08, 2005, 10:54:04 PM »

In the next few minutes I'll be finishing the modding for the ignore users hack I've added in.  This should already work for Helius at the time of this being typed, but the other styles will be a few minutes.

I've added this mod for those who would like to be able to not see some user's posts.  If you ignore someone, they're post text disappears for you and the post then says "You have ignored this user".

If you have any troubles or questions about this mod, post them here.

url=http://fileanchor.com]FileAnchor[/url] - ImageAnchor - FBTK - QbasicNews - VPlanet - Various
Sumo Jo
Been there, done that

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2005, 10:58:56 PM »

And before Kiz can say it, the buttons won't match all the styles.  I'm sure he'll be willing to redo them.  Otherwise I'll just change it to a text link.

url=http://fileanchor.com]FileAnchor[/url] - ImageAnchor - FBTK - QbasicNews - VPlanet - Various
KiZ
__/--\__

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2005, 11:02:39 PM »

mwah!

Of course I will :D

Thanks for the sparkly mods sumo!
SJ Zero
Been there, done that

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2005, 11:22:35 PM »

Will there be a feedback mechanism? I know I'd like to know when it's not worth talking.
Sumo Jo
Been there, done that

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2005, 11:24:00 PM »

Quote from: "SJ Zero"
Will there be a feedback mechanism? I know I'd like to know when it's not worth talking.

As far as something that tells you that you're ignored or something that shows the most ignored people?

SJ Zero
Been there, done that

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2005, 11:26:47 PM »

Something to let you know you're ignored.

Frankly, I have a bad feeling that there are a lot of dogmatic people out there who would love to take this for a test spin on me because I hold thoughts and opinions they don't like.
Anonymous
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2005, 11:31:46 PM »

yeah well, who cares about em?
SJ Zero
Been there, done that

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2005, 11:36:45 PM »

It'd be nice to know it's not useful to try to talk to them.
Sumo Jo
Been there, done that

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2005, 11:39:07 PM »

Something to let you know you're ignored.

Frankly, I have a bad feeling that there are a lot of dogmatic people out there who would love to take this for a test spin on me because I hold thoughts and opinions they don't like.

I am ignoring you right now.

Actually, if someone wants to write a php script that would grab who's ignoring you from the db, then I'll upload it.  Otherwise I'll look into creating something.

DB Info:

qbnews_forum - db
phpbb_ignore - table

table has two fields:
user_id - The user id who's doing the ignoring
user_ignore - The user id of who's being ignored

The user ids are based on phpbb's system of giving a user id to each registrant.

Members can be found in:
phpbb_users

The field is user_id.  

So if someone wants to make something that looks into db and checks all entries in the ignore table and then grabs if there's anything and cross checks again the memberlist, that should do what sj wants.

Like I said, if no one does it, I may.

KiZ
__/--\__

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2005, 11:50:42 PM »

Thats actually a fine line of privacy.

You should be careful here.

When you ignore people in real life, you dont usually go round with a banner over your head saying "Im ignoring you".

This kinda thing could start problems.
SJ Zero
Been there, done that

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2005, 11:51:28 PM »

If you are, sumo, that's dissapointing but fine, I don't really know you that well. This is an announcement and not a forum post, so I'll leave it at that.

KiZ, if you're ignoring a person in real life, you're not really ignoring them, you're just not paying attention to them. We can do that ALREADY on forums. If you're going to systematically disregard everything a person has to say, regardless of content or merit, I think it's only polite to let that person know so they don't waste their time trying to talk to you.
Sumo Jo
Been there, done that

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2005, 11:55:10 PM »

If you are, sumo, that's dissapointing but fine, I don't really know you that well. This is an announcement and not a forum post, so I'll leave it at that.

No, I'm just messing with you.  If I was ignoring you, it'd be hard for me to see your posts that I'm quoting  :lol:

Sumo Jo
Been there, done that

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2005, 11:56:47 PM »

Quote from: "KiZ"
Thats actually a fine line of privacy.

You should be careful here.

When you ignore people in real life, you dont usually go round with a banner over your head saying "Im ignoring you".

This kinda thing could start problems.

We could always put how many people are ignoring a certain user and not specifically say who.  But I do agree with what you're saying Kiz.

yetifoot
Ancient Guru

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2005, 12:07:53 AM »

something that shows the most ignored people?

that would be so cruel.

EVEN MEN OF STEEL RUST.
Mr Match
Ancient Guru

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2005, 12:31:43 AM »

And yet so funny!

=D

Itch-Five Design - Your source for free, well designed, web design.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quote from: stylin
I use QB religiously. Too bad I'm an athiest.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: