Qbasicnews.com
January 23, 2018, 06:31:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone remember this game?  (Read 50625 times)
TheDarkJay
I hold this place together

« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2006, 12:19:47 PM »

It runs fine in comp. mode Cheesy

Awesome game, though that thing throwing the green bolts was hard. I had 105 health when i reached it and 4 when I managed to kill it...

And I was diving behind the wall to dodge the shots and everything Sad

url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][/url]
jsmith71
Been there, done that

« Reply #76 on: September 11, 2006, 04:06:20 PM »

Quote from: "TheDarkJay"
It runs fine in comp. mode Cheesy

Awesome game, though that thing throwing the green bolts was hard. I had 105 health when i reached it and 4 when I managed to kill it...

And I was diving behind the wall to dodge the shots and everything Sad

Circle strafe is your friend. Wink I can kill them without getting hit at all now. (also, green ring helps a LOT) It's good to see a game like this with some kind of strategy required.
BadMrBox
Forum Regular

« Reply #77 on: September 11, 2006, 09:44:11 PM »

Quote from: "Dr_Davenstein"
I can't tel you why, but someone at fb.net had the same problem with my kart demo. There is no reason at all that it should need compatibility mode either.  :barf:
I think that might have been me.

Damn Nek, thoose frost fiends are hard.

I'm a dog and I feel dirty baby
NecrosIhsan
Been there, done that

« Reply #78 on: September 11, 2006, 10:06:10 PM »

Quote from: "BadMrBox"
Damn Nek, thoose frost fiends are hard.

Yes, they are definately hard to beat, they have high hitpoints and a strong attack which they can use from a great distance.

Level 7...

and level 8...

both work now. Level 8 needs a ton of visual polish but the structure and enemy network is in place. Level 7 just needs to be populated better.

Anyone actually beaten the alpha yet, or is it too unbalanced?

EDIT: Level 9 working also...

No more screenshots for awhile though.

\__/)
(='.'=) Copy bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him gain world domination.
NecrosIhsan
Been there, done that

« Reply #79 on: January 05, 2007, 07:38:16 AM »

Another update on the progress of the game...

Work on Level 10 has begun, which means only 2 levels after that before Episode II is completed. I think I'll do a second alpha release once the episode is completed.

The Area Map was slightly enhanced. With the original map, your current position shows up as a white dot. I realized that this wasn't very effective, so I modified it a bit. Now, it fades between black and white so it's much easier to see.

The introduction got some tweaks, it looks a lot better now.

I added what I guess you could call the "boss bar". It only pops up when fighting a boss (obviously). Simply put, it's a lifebar for a boss enemy. Here's a screenshot of that:

The game is a little easier now than it was for the first alpha. Data has been tweaked a lot, of note is that the higher rings don't drain as many charges now. The game is still plenty challenging though.

Save/Load is almost finished, and the Options are almost done as well:

Brightness and Mouse Sensitivity are the only ones I've yet to do any work on. Some people mentioned that the game is a little too dark, and of course it's always nice to be able to set how sensitive the mouse is. I'll get both working eventually.

\__/)
NecrosIhsan
Been there, done that

« Reply #80 on: January 06, 2007, 08:40:20 AM »

Of utmost importance, broken doors aren't broken anymore. Cheesy

\__/)
Dr_Davenstein
Na_th_an

« Reply #81 on: January 06, 2007, 08:48:58 AM »

Sweet. I still wish you would have used this though.  Tongue I guess if I would have finished it... n/m.  :Huh:
NecrosIhsan
Been there, done that

« Reply #82 on: January 06, 2007, 11:57:54 AM »

...then I might have been able to use it. Cheesy

Level 10 under construction:

From the Area Map alone, you can tell that it's nowhere near finished.

\__/)
BadMrBox
Forum Regular

« Reply #83 on: January 07, 2007, 03:49:49 PM »

Sweet progress Nek. Looking forward for the second alpha.

I'm a dog and I feel dirty baby
NecrosIhsan
Been there, done that

« Reply #84 on: January 10, 2007, 07:13:27 PM »

Update:
Level 10 is now fully working, level 11 is passable, and level 12 is playable but not completed (always interesting going into out-of-bounds areas in raycasters and seeing the display skew all to hell, hehe). For fun, I also implemented level 17, although it won't be in the pre-beta. No new screenies this time though, although I can say that several previous bugs were found and corrected in the past couple of days while testing the game, and some previously missing features that were present in the original were added, such as Brutus' ability to open doors. At the moment, only 5 levels in the entire game haven't had any work done to them. Since I have all day long tomorrow to work on this, plenty will get done and I might even get that pre-beta out before the end of the month but no promises.

Update2:
Level 12 is now finishable, meaning that the first two episodes of Two Lords are now fully playable! A lot still has to be filled in and a few features added that are currently missing, but for now, the game is fully playable up to the end of Episode II. Level 13 can be entered but it doesn't really work yet.

\__/)
TheAdventMaster
Ancient Guru

« Reply #85 on: January 12, 2007, 01:53:03 AM »

U rok,  man!  Keep'em coming.
NecrosIhsan
Been there, done that

« Reply #86 on: March 17, 2007, 05:17:37 AM »

Since I'm up with insomnia tonight, I figured I'd work on this a bit and get a few more things ironed out on it. Wish I had time to work on my RPGDX compo entry but it's just never to be. Sad Anyways, I had previously added an important feature: the special items interface. It's not pretty-looking but it gets the job done regardless. I haven't added the special items to the gameplay yet but the sprites have been already added to the sprite data file. Tonight though, I added one of the most important features there are...saving and loading. However, I took the Japanese approach...save points. You can save the game only after completing a level, meaning there's not gonna be any save whores; you gotta win and progress on your own skill. Cheesy You can load a game at any time though.

Once I finish the special items interface, I can show new screenies. With save/load completed, I can finish fleshing out the remainder of the second episode and do that promised second alpha release. Lemme tell ya though...having save/load seriously helps, it prevents the "sluggish" feel of having to start a new game every time you start the game up. Of course, the loader is very sparsely tested at the moment and likely has bugs but it'll all get worked out over time.

\__/)
NecrosIhsan
Been there, done that

« Reply #87 on: March 18, 2007, 03:34:56 AM »

Another sleepless night brings another update. The special items interface is now mostly functional, so here's a screenshot:

The icons from left to right:
Potion (health + 10)
Medic (health + 25)
Power Boost (atk/dfc UP)
Sunburst (piercing fireball attack)
Incinerator (incinerates local area)

There are still 4 slots left to fill with items, but I haven't thought of any good ones yet. Any ideas?

\__/)
Dr_Davenstein
Na_th_an

« Reply #88 on: March 18, 2007, 03:55:05 AM »

well, you could have like:

Warp to checkpoint(constant)
Heal (requires MP)
Make hidden objects flash/glow(requires MP)
Read/examine scroll(?)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  

Jump to: