Qbasicnews.com
January 23, 2018, 06:37:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone remember this game?  (Read 50627 times)
BadMrBox
Forum Regular

« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2006, 06:39:35 AM »

Note that most of the interface is missing...the game is running in demo mode.
Oh, damn. Demo mode! Impressing!

How will your save function work? Are the player going to be able to save in the middle of a map or only when finishing one?

I'm a dog and I feel dirty baby
NecrosIhsan
Been there, done that

« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2006, 09:28:40 AM »

You'll be able to save whenever you want while in a map.

\__/)
(='.'=) Copy bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him gain world domination.
NecrosIhsan
Been there, done that

« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2006, 03:12:52 PM »

The menus are fully functional in and of themselves but most don't actually do anything just yet. Game save/load isn't yet working. The demo mode is now 100% correct and I'm working on the game modes right now (in the prototype, it simply starts up the game in Normal mode). I'm trying to make this as professional-looking as possible...the menu overlays the demo mode (demo runs independant of the menu) and also functions as a pause menu during gameplay (working on this right now also). Looks like I'm stuck home tomorrow so I'll likely get the alpha out tomorrow as planned..

\__/)
NecrosIhsan
Been there, done that

« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2006, 03:57:40 PM »

The opening story is almost completed. Here's a shot of one of the frames (doubled in size for clarity):

After that, I have two cutscenes to complete and then the ending...the game will be ready for alpha release at that point. I'm estimating 6 hours from now but you never can tell.

\__/)
marzecTM
Ancient Guru

« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2006, 04:02:20 PM »

you have one scotty

quote="NecrosIhsan"]

[/quote]
NecrosIhsan
Been there, done that

« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2006, 10:53:08 PM »

Two Lords alpha build now available:

http://www.nodtveidt.net/tla.exe

Try it out and let me know what ya think! Be sure to read the READMENOW.txt file for information and known bugs (please don't bug me about known bugs...they are, after all, known already! :rotfl: ). If you run into a bug that isn't listed, feel free to bug me about it. Cheesy

\__/)
Dr_Davenstein
Na_th_an

« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2006, 12:01:56 AM »

Cool! Downloading now.  Tongue

EDIT: Dang, it just crashed on me. It played the title screen and music, then just crashed. Sad
TheDarkJay
I hold this place together

« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2006, 03:41:54 AM »

Crashes for me too.

url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][/url]
NecrosIhsan
Been there, done that

« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2006, 06:36:14 AM »

Oh great. :roll: Don't tell me that this version's gonna have a host of incompatibility bullshit issues too...

\__/)
cirux

« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2006, 04:55:31 PM »

Just tried it and it crashes for me too. Get to the title screen and it errors out, music plays ok until that point.

EDIT: Just tried running it with XP's compatability running for Win 98/Me. Runs fine. Nice work, great atmosphere.
Dr_Davenstein
Na_th_an

« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2006, 05:25:23 PM »

Cool! Works for me too in compatibility mode.  Tongue

I can't beat that krang-looking bastard at the end of the first level! It's quite fun though! :laughing:
NecrosIhsan
Been there, done that

« Reply #71 on: September 10, 2006, 07:50:03 PM »

cirux: You're a sanity-saver, I was ripping out my hair trying to figure out wtf was wrong! Although now I'm really wondering why this is happening...

Thanks for trying it out, folks. Cheesy

\__/)
Dr_Davenstein
Na_th_an

« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2006, 07:59:26 PM »

I can't tel you why, but someone at fb.net had the same problem with my kart demo. There is no reason at all that it should need compatibility mode either.  :barf:
jsmith71
Been there, done that

« Reply #73 on: September 10, 2006, 09:43:23 PM »

Nice, I just played it to the end of the Ice Caverns. (didn't find the ring, map, or hostile diviner, I fail Tongue ) It crashed after the cutscene before the mine shaft level, though.

It was pretty enjoyable for what I did play; it's been awhile since I played a game of this style, brought back some memories. Some of the enemies were a bit surprisingly difficult when I first encountered them (the frost fiend decimated me when I opened the door to find him in my face; beat the level with 7 health), but I suppose it wasn't anything overly impossible. :wink:

The cutscenes were nice, but spotting an odd prefab-looking model here and there made things a bit odd (giant red housecat-demon? XD)... And... Seeing the two brothers' mother (I assume, at least) lying on the ground dressed in a hot pink latex suit didn't really help draw me into the mood of the game. :b The character's 'default' blank expression during cutscenes was a little odd, but nothing too jarring.

Very fun overall, I really enjoyed it. Smiley
NecrosIhsan
Been there, done that

« Reply #74 on: September 11, 2006, 01:20:06 AM »

Well, the outfit wasn't supposed to look like hot pink latex Smiley but I'll see if I can do a bit better on that one. Also, I wasn't too thrilled with the cat-demon either so I might ditch that as well.

I think I know what is causing the crash...Lith's engine produces a few warnings during compilation, and they're related to, of course, pointer issues. I'll try to get them resolved and perhaps put out a patch to the alpha.

EDIT: Found a kickass bug. Cheesy

If you let the demo mode play until it picks up the Arcane Teardrops in the second level, starting a game with it active will make them always on but all sprites will be completely black (you'll also start with the green ring). It'll be fixed in the patched version but for now, it's kinda fun to mess with. Cheesy

\__/)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to: