Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2017, 08:06:33 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Qbasicnews.com  |  QbasicNews.Com  |  QB/FB News  |  Topic: QBasic.com under new management! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: QBasic.com under new management!  (Read 34064 times)
Mark

QBasic.com under new management!
« on: October 27, 2005, 08:43:48 PM »

The veritable behemoth, QBasic.com, shut its doors today after 6+ years of service to the QBasic community.

The previous owner or QBasic.com had last updated the website in 1999. He recently ignored or forgot to renew his domain name, which I have since acquired.

I'm requesting the help of all QBasic enthusiasts around the globe to help me rebuild QBasic.com. If you would like to help, contact me at m4rk.wilhelm@gmail.com. Thank you.
KiZ
__/--\__

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 08:53:55 PM »

Wow. Its about time too, although Im not sure how many people have enough enthusiasim, we are mostly FB developers these days :)

Well, whatever you do, do it good ;)
marinedalek
Forum Regular

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 09:06:32 PM »

Hope you don't mind some free publicity! I've posted a link to here on most of the major QB and FB sites to give you the best chance of getting support. By the way, the "official" QBASIC forum is at http://www.network54.com/Forum/13959/ and they're a little bemused about the site going, and a bit put out that there isn't a link to the forum anymore (they were linked to from QBASIC.com) - if you could put up a redirect page linking to them they'd be grateful, until the site's ready to go.

Glad to see the old girl's getting a makeover at last!

8% of the teenage population smokes or has smoked pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy and paste this in your signature.
MystikShadows
Ancient Guru

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 09:31:54 PM »

Looking at QBasicNews, Pete's QB site, and other other popular websites.  Anything really stopping putting FB in QBASIC.COM? :-)...

hen they say it can't be done, THAT's when they call me ;-).

need hosting:  http://www.jc-hosting.net
All about ASCII: http://www.ascii-world.com
Mark

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2005, 09:32:49 PM »

Thanks everybody! I've already made a temporary splash page so people doesn't get too disoriented. I put a link on it to the unofficial "official" QBasic forums, just to make them happy. The DNS should complete propogation sometime tomorrow (hopefully). In the meantime, one good soul mirrored the old QBasic.com. Here ya go!

http://qbasic.us.to/
dumbledore
Ancient Guru

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2005, 11:40:05 PM »

yes, it's about time that site got a remake, i agree, but it would be nice for it to have a link to some freebasic stuff as well, since that's where most of the qb community went once they got windoze xp and found out qb support was severely lacking...  :wink:  can't wait to see how it turns out though!

ttp://m0n573r.afraid.org/
Quote from: "HexDude"
quote: "<+whtiger> you... you don't know which way the earth spins?" ... see... stupidity leads to reverence, reverence to shakiness, shakiness to... the dark side
...phear
Anonymous
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2005, 12:19:42 AM »

yes. the qb era has turned over to fb.

do yourself a favor and embrace it
dumbledore
Ancient Guru

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2005, 01:45:15 AM »

seeing as it is qbasic.com though, and there already is a freebasic.net (we don't really need two Wink ), maybe you can make a qb section for the qb nuts and a fb section for the rest?  :wink:

ttp://m0n573r.afraid.org/
Quote from: "HexDude"
quote: "<+whtiger> you... you don't know which way the earth spins?" ... see... stupidity leads to reverence, reverence to shakiness, shakiness to... the dark side
...phear
matthewr2_1

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2005, 03:20:29 AM »

Quote from: "Mark"
Thanks everybody! I've already made a temporary splash page so people doesn't get too disoriented. I put a link on it to the unofficial "official" QBasic forums, just to make them happy. The DNS should complete propogation sometime tomorrow (hopefully). In the meantime, one good soul mirrored the old QBasic.com. Here ya go!

http://qbasic.us.to/

I am that good soul ;-)
sid67

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2005, 04:43:06 AM »

i actually have the whole thing downloaded from a few weeks
or months ago....ready to go if you want it...not real BIG
but like 10+ megs or so...
sid67

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2005, 04:45:41 AM »

Quote from: "Cha0s"
yes. the qb era has turned over to fb.

do yourself a favor and embrace it

nooooooooo dont go to the darkside...  :barf:
NecrosIhsan
Been there, done that

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2005, 08:26:46 AM »

There is no need for qbasic.com to cover FB. There are already enough sites out there that do that. qbasic.com is supposed to be for qbasic and qbasic only, although links to FB sites wouldn't be such a bad thing either...some education as to the "evolved" version of qb that is fb is a good idea. Smiley

\__/)
(='.'=) Copy bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him gain world domination.
matt2jones

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2005, 08:41:26 AM »

Seriously, why do you all keep talking about them as if they're two different languages?

None of you would be using FB unless it wasn't so inexorably linked to QB (look at Darkbasic and LibertyBasic's following...  Or even VB's).

Making a site dedicated to only QB programs or FB programs makes as much sense as having a site only for QB1.1 programs, or only Qb programs using the Blast or Dash libs...

It's way to obscure for a domain like Qbasic.com

---

QB followers = GWBasic/Comodore64/SpectrumBasic -> QB1.1 -> Qb4.5 -> QB7.<whatever> -> FB
It's just a chronology of updates for christ sake!

The only reason everyone is so picky about "I'm an FB coder now, not a QB coder" is because it's new, and your all still high on the initial buzz of finding it.  In a couple of years your all gonna look back at what ye said and feel really embarassed....

matt - shamelessly inciting violence

o not mistake Apathy for Feeling content...

http://www.disjointed.cjb.net - Short Stories
http://matt2jones.deviantart.com - Random Art
http://www.freewebs.com/matt2jones - WebComic
Mark

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2005, 09:10:16 AM »

I'm still rehashing the purpose of QBasic.com in my head. When it first re-launches it should specialize in QB. Once the community grows to a respectable size FB might be integrated. No promises.
matthewr2_1

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2005, 09:58:08 PM »

Quote from: "matt2jones"
matt - shamelessly inciting violence

shamelessly inciting violence?!?! WTF?
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
Qbasicnews.com  |  QbasicNews.Com  |  QB/FB News  |  Topic: QBasic.com under new management! « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length