Qbasicnews.com
November 21, 2018, 02:50:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone interested in making a text adventure as a group?  (Read 97256 times)
Kylemc
Guru

« Reply #210 on: December 10, 2005, 06:29:39 PM »

I think everybody owes you an apology for polluting your thread. If you have a problem with axipher start a new thread.
axipher
Ancient Guru

« Reply #211 on: December 11, 2005, 12:19:15 AM »

I don't mind anyone polluting my posts, I encourage it, I just don't think he who started this thread enjoys us polluting his thread with comments about my posting.
Torahteen
Ancient Guru

« Reply #212 on: December 11, 2005, 01:10:21 AM »

I apologize for polluting your thread. Sorry.

quote="Deleter"]judging gameplay, you can adaquately compare quake 4 with pong[/quote]
axipher
Ancient Guru

« Reply #213 on: December 11, 2005, 01:18:21 AM »

I also apologize Liquid Snake, after all I am the center of this pollution.
Liquid Snake
Wandering Guru

« Reply #214 on: December 11, 2005, 04:13:33 AM »

It's ok.  In fact it was pretty funny, but as someone said we're not posting just to post.  We post in order to respond to the person with the question right?  I personally don't care what you guys say on my threads as long as something relevant to the thread is getting done.

Anyway, you guys didn't really need to apologize for it.  Thanks anyway and I forgive you. Smiley

Not yet Snake! It's not over yet!
axipher
Ancient Guru

« Reply #215 on: December 11, 2005, 05:52:16 PM »

Ok, well back to the topic then, is there still room on the development team, I'm just about finished my Paint Program so I'll be looking for my next idea.  If there still is room, PM me with all the information I need to know about the project.
speedlemon
I hold this place together

« Reply #216 on: December 11, 2005, 08:41:31 PM »

Well i don't know if there's much of a team left.. maybe Alex is still.. pretty much all info is in the 1-6 pages i'd say. good luck. Smiley
axipher
Ancient Guru

« Reply #217 on: December 11, 2005, 11:27:18 PM »

Ok, I'll check them out later.
Liquid Snake
Wandering Guru

« Reply #218 on: December 12, 2005, 11:07:11 AM »

In about 2 weeks, my first semester ends, after that I'll have quite a lot of time on my hands at least until February.  I can at least help with this project.

axipher
Ancient Guru

« Reply #219 on: December 12, 2005, 11:09:27 AM »

Ok, well I checked out the pages 1-6 and I think I will help, although first I'll try and figure out what each piece of code does, then i'll try and write some of my own code that works and see how it compares.
Liquid Snake
Wandering Guru

« Reply #220 on: October 30, 2006, 12:46:58 AM »

I know this thread was inactive for almost a year, but I thought...what the heck, this would be fun if we could get enough people to work on it.

There's an online adventure game or whatever you want to call it called Kingdom of Loathing.  I was thinking....how hard could it be to make something like that in qbasic, freebasic, or Flash?  I know nothing about networking or saving player data or whatever via the web, but I'm sure one of you does.  Would anyone be interested in making something like this?

Endevor

« Reply #221 on: March 02, 2009, 11:38:07 PM »

this is now a couple years now, lol, but I am in the process of creating and RPG using  MS paint graphics or stuff of the same sort. I have an engine that allows a character to move around the world and an editor that allows me to create maps to add to the world. I'm using the SDL library to preform my graphics and movement. It's very basic right now and the graphics aren't the best, but I have it working. If anyone wants to join, I'd be happy to have some help
Liquid Snake
Wandering Guru

« Reply #222 on: March 03, 2009, 12:10:15 AM »

OMG how did you even find this thread lol.  Glad you did.  I'd be happy to help.  Though I must admit I'm a senior in college and don't have a ton of time to dedicate to this till summer.  What language are you using?

Endevor

« Reply #223 on: March 03, 2009, 12:21:52 AM »

lol, this was actually on the top of the list when i looked. I'm in high school and have way too much time to work on this, at least according to my friends. This is actually for a school project and I have two friends who are suppose to be helping, but they don't know much of SDL. I am using freebasic with SDL libraries. it's kinda rinkidy and still basic, but for what I've learned from doing this, I'm amazed at what I've done. I plan on working on this even after its due in about a week, but I could definitely use help. I could also use a good graphic artist because as u may notice, I'm no computer artist. Anyway, Ill try send u the code and If I can access, I'll send the files with pics and data through ur email if u have that up. I look forward to seeing what u think and what u can do. Thanks Cheesy
Liquid Snake
Wandering Guru

« Reply #224 on: March 03, 2009, 08:36:38 PM »

Sorry, didn't realize that I had my e-mail hidden but now it isn't.  I don't know much about SDL either, but send what you've got so far and I'll see what I can do.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16
  Print  

Jump to: