Qbasicnews.com
November 21, 2018, 02:59:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone interested in making a text adventure as a group?  (Read 97259 times)
Liquid Snake
Wandering Guru

« Reply #195 on: December 09, 2005, 03:28:34 PM »

It's African...there are no swallows in Antartica

Not yet Snake! It's not over yet!
Deleter
Na_th_an

« Reply #196 on: December 09, 2005, 03:39:52 PM »

Quote from: "Liquid Snake"
It's African...there are no swallows in Antartica

You must be kidding  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

:wink:

Liquid Snake
Wandering Guru

« Reply #197 on: December 09, 2005, 03:51:36 PM »

Well, to be honest I haven't heard much of the birds in Antartica besides Penguins of course, but I'm pretty sure they are talking about African Swallows in Monty Python.

Deleter
Na_th_an

« Reply #198 on: December 09, 2005, 04:27:36 PM »

i started the whole monty python bit....i was just going off on a tangent. Tongue

axipher
Ancient Guru

« Reply #199 on: December 09, 2005, 06:31:15 PM »

We just watched the movie on Monday and Tuesday in Drama class, so I do believe it was African and European swallows, but Monty Python: Quest for the Holy Grail is just plain out hillarious, the horses own out of all and the Knights of the Round Table just kicks serious but, but the lego version on the DVD is better I find
Deleter
Na_th_an

« Reply #200 on: December 09, 2005, 10:10:43 PM »

who the axipher replaced clone him? Something right is totally elephant not no posting grammer spelling wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!

speedlemon
I hold this place together

« Reply #201 on: December 09, 2005, 10:28:47 PM »

Quote from: "Torahteen"
I dun wanna gwo up. No! NO!  :wink:

Axipher, how dare you go correcting someone who isn't a native English speaker. Three posts before you were saying "i don need to luk and check my gramar", now you're correcting someone else because they said 'cause instead of because? First of all, 'cause is perfectly natural English. We aren't expecting you to write an English paper on every topic you post about. We are just asking you to be more courteous in your posts, and show some respect to those that can't read english perfectly.

By the way, Nathan spelled two words "incorrectly", out of what, 150? Compared to your typical 10 words out of 20, this is perfectly acceptable. Especially since you know english better then she does.

Is Na_th_an really a female? (not trying to correct your grammar pal, just being serious.)
na_th_an
*/-\*

« Reply #202 on: December 10, 2005, 12:18:17 AM »

Sorry if my avatar misguides you, but I'm a stright male who absolutely praises women Cheesy Spiderwoman is just a favourite comic character since I was a child.

My so discussed original post was more in the fashion of "if *I* can edit a post (sometimes) up to three times when I spot a grammar/spelling mistake, *anybody* can".

And thanks for the notice, from now on I'll take care to write "especially". I always eat that e Tongue

Oh, and I would hardly consider "'cause" as a spelling mistake. I know that contractions are not allowed in proper, written English, but, as mentioned, we're not writing papers Wink

EDIT: I wrote "writting" in the above paragraph :lol:

SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
axipher
Ancient Guru

« Reply #203 on: December 10, 2005, 01:16:54 PM »

Quote from: "Deleter"
who the axipher replaced clone him? Something right is totally elephant not no posting grammer spelling wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure if you are complimenting me, flaming me, or being sarcastic, but yes, my spelling/grammar errors are now to a minimum
Deleter
Na_th_an

« Reply #204 on: December 10, 2005, 01:44:11 PM »

:lol:

axipher
Ancient Guru

« Reply #205 on: December 10, 2005, 01:48:59 PM »

If it makes you people happy, then I'll continue.
Sumo Jo
Been there, done that

« Reply #206 on: December 10, 2005, 03:34:49 PM »

Quote from: "axipher"

I'm not sure if you are complimenting me, flaming me, or being sarcastic, but yes, my spelling/grammar errors are now to a minumum

Irony.

Also, to respond to your post on the last page about me getting annoying.  I may get annoying, but it's my job.  I'm here to make sure this place doesn't turn into an incoherent AOL cesspool.  If you've got a problem with me, pm me and we'll talk and I'll explain exactly why I said what I said.  But in the end, who's the boss?

Well Tony Danza is the boss.  But when he's gone, it's me.

url=http://fileanchor.com]FileAnchor[/url] - ImageAnchor - FBTK - QbasicNews - VPlanet - Various
axipher
Ancient Guru

« Reply #207 on: December 10, 2005, 03:50:49 PM »

I don't care if it is your job or not, I was just speking my mind, and I thought your were annoying.  No offence.
Z!re
*/-\*

« Reply #208 on: December 10, 2005, 05:24:22 PM »

Quote from: "axipher"
I don't care if it is your job or not, I was just speking my mind, and I thought your were annoying.  No offence.
A tip, as you're atleast trying..
Don't argue with Sumo..

Just cut down on your posting for a while, things will calm down..

As it is now, all people see when they see your posts is the guy who posted incoherent crap in every topic on the forum..
Liquid Snake
Wandering Guru

« Reply #209 on: December 10, 2005, 06:21:14 PM »

Yeah, maybe you could start this text adventure or something like that instead of posting..........Not to be complaining, just a thought to put out there.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16
  Print  

Jump to: