Qbasicnews.com
July 04, 2020, 03:19:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Here comes a preview of the forthcoming new AFlib2!!  (Read 40213 times)
Adigun A. Polack
Ancient Guru

« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2005, 08:21:07 PM »

To all of you this night:

I got a brand-new test for you yet again, this time though, it is all about this special built-in 2D starfield effect that I *will* be implementing into AFlib2 as continued developments get deeper and deeper!!  Cheesy !

The idea for implementing this starfield effect indeed came clearly from when I was attempting to make the test code for it into a FB library, and then when I got the perks and setup of coding all of that (using that just-made lib!), it all worked GREAT!!!  =b !

Anyway, here are a couple of shots to get you into the mood for what I am talking about:

......and here is the download for it right here:

•
AFlib2 2D Starfield Test[/list]
Enjoy, and see you again!!!  :king:

JUST MAKING THE MAGIC HAPPEN,

Adigun Azikiwe Polack
One of the Founders of “Aura Flow” ::: Continuing Developer of “Frantic Journey”
Current Developer of “Star Angelic Slugger” ::: Webmaster of the “AAP Official Projects Squad”
Original Creator of the “The New FreeBASIC 8-Bit Palette Machine” and “AFlib2 - Aura Flow Library 2”

UPDATE (on November 20, 2005 at 3:51pm EST):  I have just updated this test to include one-colored starfields, normal and translucent, plus the same starfield types (from the original) all now being drawn in a buffer that I will also implement into this lib!!  Have a look at this download:

•
AFlib2 2D Starfield Test (Updated 11-20-2005)[/list]
Thanks once again, ladies and gentlemen!!!  :cool:=b

UPDATE (on November 24, 2005 at 6:32pm EST):  A MOST HAPPIEST THANKSGIVING TO ALL OF YOU, and what a rather perfect time for me to give you all something truly marvelous that I am working on for AFlib2 just for kicks, you know?  Take a glimpse!!!  Cheesy !

This is my custom image that I have *just now* created this Thanksgiving night, and also, these are the custom filters that I have created so far to apply to the screen!!

•
Mosaic (already created, but improved upon now!)
• Patchwork
• Stained Tile
• Glass Wall
• Oil Paint
• Quilt
[/list]
Awesome, aren’t they?  Wink=b  Now currently, these filters are best recommended for use in a higher resolution 8-bit graphics mode such as 800x600, and the filters are created exclusively for AFlib2 as well!!!  Be seeing you, and thank God Almighty for all of you, QB45/QB71/FB community!!!  d=Cheesy=b !!

url=http://dhost.hopto.org/aapproj/][/url]
Your *official* home of the FreeBasic GFX Demo Central, now holding over 150 FB graphics demos so far!!!  Cheesy !
MystikShadows
Ancient Guru

« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2005, 10:58:30 PM »

Oh my God!!!  Adigun, that screenshot is absolutely amazing.   It looks simply amazing.  Could you explain (briefly) how you arrived at that screenshot?  

This is definitaly higher quality material here.  No two ways about that :-).   Is it just me or is that everytime you add a special filter or an added effect the results just come out even more amazing than the previous sample(s) you show us?  Man, I really like that last screenshot alot.  And to know AFLIB2 did it, wow.  

Simply awesome work, I said once and I'll keep on saying it.  You're making your own version of a miracle in AFLIB2 :-) you're really pushing the limits of the library even further with every new feature you add.   Excellent Work Adigun.  

Talk to you soon my friend :-).

hen they say it can't be done, THAT's when they call me ;-).

need hosting:  http://www.jc-hosting.net
All about ASCII: http://www.ascii-world.com
Anonymous
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2005, 11:09:02 PM »

looks Coo
Agamemnus
x/ \z

« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2005, 11:43:12 PM »

Interesting..

Let me ask you something.. LINE and PSET commands in QB, at least, had several layers from the native (i.e.: fastest) drawing functions of the computer. How does this work with your library? How many levels is it from the native drawing functions? I know that you are probably adding one level by using FB's basic drawing functions instead of directly (somehow)..... and how much would FB's basic drawing functions be slower than DirectX commands?

Peace cannot be obtained without war. Why? If there is already peace, it is unnecessary for war. If there is no peace, there is already war."

Visit www.neobasic.net to see rubbish in all its finest.
Torahteen
Ancient Guru

« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2005, 12:27:55 AM »

Looking awesome my man. Please keep up the good work. I can't wait for the first release.

quote="Deleter"]judging gameplay, you can adaquately compare quake 4 with pong[/quote]
Adigun A. Polack
Ancient Guru

« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2005, 12:43:58 AM »

To Agamemnus:

Quote from: "From during your reply to this tonight, you"
LINE and PSET commands in QB, at least, had several layers from the native (i.e.: fastest) drawing functions of the computer. How does this work with your library? How many levels is it from the native drawing functions?

I have no idea what the exact answer is on either question, sorry to report (especially with a lot of complicated work and stuff for me to implement for AFlib2 sometimes, you know how it is).  Sad  But I do most honestly know this, Agamemnus: so far only the LINE command has been used once in the Mosaic filter; and for the rest of the filters just shown tonight, the CIRCLE command in FB has been used two to four (2-4) times in total per remaining filter so far, which is all that I can honestly remember on them.  :wtnod:=b

And since I do not know ASM very much (other than experimenting with it in FreeBASIC just to make sure right results are implemented in the output as desired!  Wink ), I had to do the filters in pure-FB.  Period, end of the conversation.  And that is all that I know to help you get the point across, man.

Finally, I have *never* even experimented myself with the DirectX drawing functions directly, but hey, I am just doing whatever I can to bring the filters to you.  GUARANTEED.  ()v !

Thanks for your reply, Agamemnus, and an awesome coming weekend to you!

And turning over to you three now, Torahteen, Cha0s, and MystikShadows:

Hey, thank you all so much for your wonderful comments on this, guys!!  Cheesy  Look, you know what I am gonna do, huh?  I am gonna plan on making the exact same filters buffer-supported as well in FB for this lib (since I have not gotten around to it yet!), and as well, the PP256 font routines have successfully been implemented recently this week, too, with different translucencies, custom fading effects, and more!!!  I will plan at least a new test or two to be arranged for this weekend, sound cool with you all?  Wink

To all four of you together, Agamemnus, Torahteen, Cha0s, and MystikShadows, I richly thank you all so very much tonight for your wonderful time well spent, and talk to you all soon, hear me?  :king:

- Adigun Azikiwe Polack
One of the Founders of “Aura Flow” ::: Continuing Developer of “Frantic Journey”
Current Developer of “Star Angelic Slugger” ::: Webmaster of the “AAP Official Projects Squad”
Original Creator of the “The New FreeBASIC 8-Bit Palette Machine” and “AFlib2 - Aura Flow Library 2”

Your *official* home of the FreeBasic GFX Demo Central, now holding over 150 FB graphics demos so far!!!  Cheesy !
Torahteen
Ancient Guru

« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2005, 01:53:37 AM »

Hey, you deserve every bit. This is one project I won't stop following.

quote="Deleter"]judging gameplay, you can adaquately compare quake 4 with pong[/quote]
Adigun A. Polack
Ancient Guru

« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2005, 02:28:37 AM »

To all of you today:

An absolutely awesome new week to you all!!!  :king: !

I clearly said from my last post here that I was gonna arrange at least a new test or two indeed for this weekend that we are already in, and right now I am bringing one out to you for your surefire download and enjoyment:

•
AFlib2 Filter Test[/list]
With this download, you now have a definite witnessing at the AFlib2 filters that I already showed you as you experience them in a much deeper way than ever!  No bull here, just awesome stuff, so I plain double-dog-dare you to try it with your own 256-color (or 8bpp) .BMP pics in this test given to you, now!!!  Cheesy=b !

One *important* thing to remember, people: the .BMP extension is required when typing in the filename during this new test indeed.  Wink

Alright.  Talk to you all later as you enjoy this, with the PP256 font test for AFlib2 coming up a little later on!!  Bye for now!!!  :cool: !

BRINGING YOU SOMETHING PHENOMENAL TO EXPERIENCE FOR YOURSELVES,

Adigun Azikiwe Polack

Anonymous
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2005, 06:28:39 PM »

looks quite good =) the only thing i noticed, is that it seems if you'd render the effects into the buffer, you would have to make the buffer a little bigger than you needed, because of strange anomalies along the bottom and right of the patterns.
Adigun A. Polack
Ancient Guru

« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2005, 01:29:49 AM »

To all of you now:

Brand-new test again for AFlib2, only this time, it actually supports the use of a PP256-based font.  Why?  Because, I have done the scoring routines on them just now (glad I did it!!  Cheesy ! ), so please take a look:

....and then take a download of this one:

•
AFlib2 PP256-based Score Test[/list]
......and better start imagining this one for your FB game projects, even for when the first release of AFlib2 comes!!  :king:=b

So far as well, I am gonna tweak up the score routines for the optimized 8x8 fonts, and when I get it done before this new week is out, expect a test based on these to come, ok now?

In the meantime, do enjoy this and thank you so much!!!  Wink

MAKING IT ALL HAPPEN,

Adigun Azikiwe Polack

Torahteen
Ancient Guru

« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2005, 04:47:04 PM »

Another awesome test. Perfect for any ol' game. Keep up the good work.

TheDarkJay
I hold this place together

« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2005, 05:02:00 PM »

How long until the first version is released???

url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][/url]
Adigun A. Polack
Ancient Guru

« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2005, 09:13:22 PM »

To TheDarkJay:

AFlib2 will be released in early 2006 as the main goal here, but if I can get it done before then (and that includes the forthcoming documentation that I have not even gotten to yet), I just *might* release it earlier than that.  Be real patient and hang tight now, for I solemnly promise you right here that it would SURE be worth it, man!  :cool:=b

And to all of you tonight:

I have just now done another new test for AFlib2, this time entitled:

•
AFlib2 Optimized Score Test[/list]
.....where another version of the same recent scoring routines apply for the optimized versions of any of my 10 custom fonts also!!  Have a glimpse at this one!  Wink

And even then, I still have some more left to do — including the horizontal screen-flipping routine and some checks and testings as well as the forthcoming AFlib2 doc indeed — all before this thing gets released out to you.  Patience is sure a virtue, you know.  Cheesy

All of you, see you again, and thanks a lot once more.

- Adigun Azikiwe Polack

UPDATE (on December 11, 2005 at 12:25pm EST):  The new horizontal screen flips are *now* completed at last, and it took me a while to get them in there, too!!!  Cheesy=b !

Picture this kind of flipping on the following image here, for instance:

As you can see, this is a horizontal screen flip of an original pic of a shiny glass bubble that I have made just earlier today ( Wink ! ), and it is done fast and effortlessly through the sheer power of AFlib2!!

Hey, with all that in mind now, do feel free to download this all-new test entitled:

•
AFlib2 Horizontal Screen Flip Test[/list]
......and be sure to enjoy it richly as I now begin tests on getting ALL of my routines together in one single separate FB source-code and compiling it into a FreeBASIC library!  Later!!!  :cool:

UPDATE (on December 12, 2005 at 1:15pm EST):  From earlier today — particularly in the early morning — I successfully gathered up all of my routines to make one HUGE source code of the whole AFlib2 project for the first and coming version already!  And when I say HUGE, I plainly mean so because it all amounts to nearly 5 megabytes long (or close to 5,000,000 bytes!).  Then, I tried compiling that very source code here into a FB library file some number of times, with some trial and error.  However, after tidying up the code and finally ran it through the FreeBASIC v0.15b stable compiler to make a lib out of it, at first I thought that it was doing it as quick as usual, but when I saw that blinking cursor in a DOS window after 10 minutes or so, I felt, “PLEASE do not tell me that FB is stalling!  :-? ! ”.  BUT, FB really was not stalling at all, it was only taking its thorough time in compiling all the elements and the routines and everything in the source code together to make an FB library file out of it, thank God!!!  d=Cheesy=b  Eventually, I was so patient though it all, as the whole thing only took around close to a half hour to be done, so all and all, AFlib2 was a 100% successful compile!!!  Now THAT is something to be rejoicing about, everyone!!!  (^_-)v !!

UPDATE (on December 12, 2005 at 10:22pm EST):  I must announce to all of you that the resulting FB library file of AFlib2 came out weighing at somewhere between 6 and 7 megabytes!  Man, talk about the biggest FreeBASIC-created library to date so far!!!  :cool:  To its major advantage, now 2D game programming in FB has gone a WHOLE rather lot easier to master, such as this simple program that you can do inside of this very lib:

[syntax="FreeBASIC"]'===============================================================
' A F l i b 2   W e l c o m e   P r o g r a m
'===============================================================
'This program in AFlib2 presents to you some of the absolutely
'amazing powers that this library in FreeBASIC can harness!!!
'
'Enjoy!!!  ^_-=b !
'
'
'                                        - Adigun Azikiwe Polack
'                               One of the Founders of Aura Flow
'                    Developer of "AFlib2 - Aura Flow Library 2"

Option Explicit

' First, we rev up AFlib2!!!
'---------------------------------------------------------------
'$include: 'AFlib2.bi'

' Next, we set up our arrays!
Dim as Integer GFX.Width, GFX.Height, Lightctrl, In_and_out
Dim as ImageType AFlib2pic

' Now, setting up the graphics mode to a 320x200 resolution,
' 256 colors (8-bit), fullscreen, with 2 pages!!
ScreenRes 320, 200, 8, 2, 1

' Let's extract the exact size of the screen resolution (using
' ScreenInfo), and get rid of that mouse pointer too!  
ScreenInfo GFX.Width, GFX.Height
SetMouse , , 0

' Setting the work page to Page 1, with the display page set to
' Page 0 (which is gonna be the screen we can see out of!  Cheesy ).
ScreenSet 1, 0

' Initializing and loading up our BMP file here, with the
' *exact* size coordinates of the picture within this file
' indeed!
AF2.InitSpr_BMP AFlib2pic, 160, 92, "AFlib2_mini.bmp"

' Setting up our starfield, in just ONE line!!  ^_-
AF2.StarInit 300

Lightctrl = 0
In_and_out = 0

' Now, we display/move our starfield and show our .BMP image
' flawlessly, with custom fading of the picture itself upon
' startup and exit.  It is all done in a Do-Loop pattern here.
' You can exit this test with the "ESC" key.
' ^^
Do

' Since all the blitting is being drawn on Page 1 (our work
  ' page), we first clear the screen to the color 0 with the
  ' "AF2.ClearScreen" command here before doing anything else in
  ' the loop.  Like drawing in animation frames here, you know?
  AF2.ClearScreen 0

' Let's get the starfield into display and moving to the left
  ' now!
  AF2.StarMotion 300, 1, 0
  AF2.StarMove 300, AF2.Left, 5

' Blitting our pic, with custom fades built in!!  Cheesy
  AF2.SprBlit_brightness 0, 40, Lightctrl, @AFlib2pic.p_data[AFlib2pic.p_dataindex[1]], GFX.Width, GFX.Height

Locate 1, 1: ? "Welcome to AFlib2!!!"

' Now comes the REAL magic here: we turn an ordinary 320x200
  ' graphics mode into a 160x200 MODE IN 256 COLORS, using the
  ' command "AF2.LowRes_horiz"!!!  ()//
  AF2.LowRes_horiz

' Setting our custom sync to the potential of 60fps average with
  ' "AF2.CustomSync 3"!
  AF2.CustomSync 3

' We zap the contents of what we drawn into our display page
  ' (Page 0), using "ScreenCopy"!!  Cheesy
  ScreenCopy

' Waiting for the user to press the "ESC" key....
  If inkey$ = Chr$(27) then In_and_out = 1

' This is our If-Then loop, where it is in position for our main
  ' Do-Loop pattern to be exited upon the user pressing the "ESC"
  ' key and our main pic fading out after that!
  If In_and_out = 0 then
    Lightctrl += 1: If Lightctrl > 31 then Lightctrl = 31
  End if
  If In_and_out = 1 then
    Lightctrl -= 1: If Lightctrl < 0 then Exit do
  End if

Loop

' Removing our .BMP picture array safely so that we do not
' suffer any memory leaks upon exit!  Wink
AF2.RemoveSpr AFlib2pic

' And that is that!!!  ()v !
'---------------------------------------------------------------[/syntax]

And here now is the run-time result from inside the lib indeed, which is found in this download entitled:

•
AFlib2 Welcome Test[/list]
.....and in here, you are gonna witness some of the truly amazing stuff that you can do in a custom-tweaked fullscreen graphics resolution of 160x200 in 8-bit mode, real easy with NO hassles whatsoever!  No kidding!!!  Cheesy

One slight disadvantage though: the compilation to .EXE files using AFlib2 start at a size of at least 3.5 megabytes per .EXE (mainly due to how large the lib really is, perhaps).  But hey, it is just a minor price to pay to get all of that *phenomenal* 2D game programming power in 8-bit modes in this lib, that is for sure!!  Overall, not a bad trade-off in the long run if you know what I mean — especially for those working on big game projects like myself, too!  Wink

Adigun A. Polack
Ancient Guru

« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2005, 12:11:44 AM »

To all of you:

Right up front, pardon me here for posting twice in a row now.  Smiley  With that said, I got an ALL-NEW program example for AFlib2 that you can do inside of the lib itself, where it shows you some amazing things that you can do with scanlines, both vertical and horizontal!!

But before I show it to you, though, let me give you a little peek-and-see here:

320x120 full-screen mode, with regular horizontal scanlines.

160x240 full-screen mode, with regular vertical scanlines.

320x120 full-screen mode, with custom-colored horizontal scanlines.

160x240 full-screen mode, with custom-colored vertical scanlines.[/list]
    ....and if you are all set, here is the example:

[syntax="FreeBASIC"]'===============================================================
    ' A F l i b 2   S c a n l i n e   E x a m p l e
    '===============================================================
    'In this program for AFlib2, you will see some fine examples of
    'how to really implement the horizontal and vertical scanlines
    'in your FreeBASIC programs using this lib, easily and
    'efficiently!
    '
    'Be sure to enjoy this one now!!!  ^_-=b !
    '
    '
    '                                        - Adigun Azikiwe Polack
    '                               One of the Founders of Aura Flow
    '                    Developer of "AFlib2 - Aura Flow Library 2"

Option Explicit

' First, we bring in AFlib2!!!
    '$include: 'AFlib2.bi'

' Next, let's set up a full-screen 256-color 640x480 mode with
    ' two pages, and remove that mouse pointer, too!  Wink
    Screen 18, 8, 2, 1
    SetMouse , , 0

' Now setting up our image array as a Ubyte here.....
    Dim image(640 * 480) as Ubyte

' Loading our .BMP picture file for use with the GET/PUT
    ' default buffer.....
    Bload "AF640x480.bmp", VARPTR(image(0))

' Setting our work page to Page 1 and our display page to Page
    ' 0 (which is our 'visible' screen that we can see!  Cheesy )....
    ScreenSet 1, 0

' And now, we display our picture in both vertical and
    ' horizontal scanlines, all in regular and colored!!  

Put (0, 0), image, Pset
    Locate 1, 1: Color 254: ? "Regular Vertical Scanlines with a"
    Locate 2, 1: Color 254: ? "320x480 tweaked resolution......"
    AF2.LowRes_horiz
    AF2.Scanlines_v
    ScreenCopy
    Sleep

AF2.ClearKeyBuffer    ' <--- This command actually clears the
                          '      keyboard buffer for you!  Wink

Put (0, 0), image, Pset
    Locate 1, 1: Color 254: ? "Regular Horizontal Scanlines with a 640x240 tweaked resolution......"
    AF2.LowRes_vert
    AF2.Scanlines_H
    ScreenCopy
    Sleep

AF2.ClearKeyBuffer

Put (0, 0), image, Pset
    Locate 1, 1: Color 254: ? "Colored Vertical Scanlines with a"
    Locate 2, 1: Color 254: ? "320x480 tweaked resolution......"
    AF2.LowRes_horiz
    AF2.ColorScanlines_v 51
    ScreenCopy
    Sleep

AF2.ClearKeyBuffer

Put (0, 0), image, Pset
    Locate 1, 1: Color 254: ? "Colored Horizontal Scanlines with a 640x240 tweaked resolution......"
    AF2.LowRes_vert
    AF2.ColorScanlines_H 51
    ScreenCopy
    Sleep

AF2.ClearKeyBuffer

' Finally, we combine vertical and horizontal scanlines to make
    ' one interesting effect!!!  ()//  Press any key here to
    ' exit.
    Do
      Put (0, 0), image, Pset
      Locate 1, 1: Color 254: ? "Now combining horizontal and vertical scanlines together....."
      AF2.ColorScanlines_H.Custom 0, 2, 24
      AF2.ColorScanlines_V.Custom 0, 3, 23
      Sleep 8
      ScreenCopy
      Put (0, 0), image, Pset
      Locate 1, 1: Color 254: ? "Now combining horizontal and vertical scanlines together....."
      AF2.ColorScanlines_H.Custom 0, 2, 22
      AF2.ColorScanlines_V.Custom 1, 3, 25
      Sleep 8
      ScreenCopy
    Loop while inkey$ = ""

' End of program.  Thank you!  ^_-
    '---------------------------------------------------------------[/syntax]

.....and you can download the results of it right here:

•
    AFlib2 Scanlines Test[/list]
    I thank you so much for your wonderful attention tonight, people.  See you later now!!  Cheesy

SHOWING YOU SOMETHING GOOD TONIGHT,

Adigun Azikiwe Polack

Mr Match
    Ancient Guru

« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2005, 12:37:46 AM »

Woah  Shocked

Nice!  d=:wtnod:=b

Itch-Five Design - Your source for free, well designed, web design.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Quote from: stylin
    I use QB religiously. Too bad I'm an athiest.
    Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
      Print  

Jump to: