Qbasicnews.com
July 21, 2018, 07:40:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Here comes a preview of the forthcoming new AFlib2!!  (Read 33745 times)
Adigun A. Polack
Ancient Guru

« on: September 17, 2005, 09:09:14 PM »

Most grandly dearest QB45/QB71/FB community,

Hello and such magnificent blessings to you all tonight!!!  :king: !

For those of you wondering about RelLib to be ported to FB, then hey, better look no further!  ^_-=b  I am so truly and generously proud to introduce to you a preview of what could well be the most talked about “8-bit graphics library”-based wrapper for Angelo Mottola’s GFXlib2: AFlib2, or Aura Flow Library 2, based upon the potentially many original implementations of RelLib from QB itself, straight to FreeBASIC!!!

This one definitely promises to be a grand successor to both the original AFlib (released for QB from at least three years back!) and even RelLib itself!!  Please, take a daring look at these shots:

......and this is just the beginning already!!  Cheesy

I, Adigun Azikiwe Polack, am the official and current developer of this newest library wrapper for Aura Flow, the game development group behind the forthcoming FB shmup Frantic Journey!  And right now, I have already started the creation of AFlib2, and so far it has:

•
Translucent Pixels
• Translucent Filled Boxes
• Wu-lines
• Wu-pixels
• At least five (5) custom 8x8 fonts, each with custom italicization and scaling (ala RelLib!)!![/list]
.....and we are *only* warming up!!!  ^_- !

Next in the development of this, I am gonna plan on get the 8-bit sprite routines (translucent-, one-color-, and collision-based) from the Space Impakto demo to fit into this forthcoming new lib.  And AFlib2 so far is not gonna even be released until it is all completely finished and ready.  Also, please do not ask me for the source code to this lib because I am working on adding the new implementations to it to be eventually ready for release indeed when it comes.

However, I am gonna need your help and support on this one, to please provide me the ideas/routines for the following to be placed into AFlib2:

•
8-bit gamma sprites
• 8-bit sprite scaling/rotation ala CosmoX/QB (I don’t know how to code the proper workings of it yet!  Sad )
• 8-bit screen smoothing/anti-aliasing
• 8-bit water effects (ala RelLib 5.0)[/list]

.......and any working ASM code(s) inside of a FreeBASIC source code that are based on either of them are truly well appreciated!!!  d=Cheesy=b  After all, this is a group effort, and I am flat determined to make this lib a most successful one in FreeBASIC just like RelLib did for QuickBASIC!!!

Thank you all so very much, and I hope you enjoyed this beautiful little preview!  Wink  God bless you!!!

GIVING YOU MY FIRST AWESOME LOOK TONIGHT,

Adigun Azikiwe Polack
One of the Founders of “Aura Flow” ::: Continuing Developer of “Frantic Journey”
Current Developer of “Star Angelic Slugger” ::: Webmaster of the “AAP Official Projects Squad”
Original Creator of the “The New FreeBASIC 8-Bit Palette Machine”

url=http://dhost.hopto.org/aapproj/][/url]
Your *official* home of the FreeBasic GFX Demo Central, now holding over 150 FB graphics demos so far!!!  Cheesy !
Rattrapmax6
__/--\__

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2005, 09:49:32 PM »

This stuff will be native to FreeBASIC?  Cheesy

:cry: <-- Tears of joy <--

Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

barok
Na_th_an

How about a tasty lead sandwich?

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2005, 10:54:50 PM »

So, this is AFLIB 2...   The original one used qb's interrupts and absolutes, aka assembly...  does this mean that AFLIB 2 will use inline assembly?

Jumping Jahoolipers!
Adigun A. Polack
Ancient Guru

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2005, 11:16:14 PM »

To Rattrapmax6:

Quote from: "As part of your reply tonight, you really"
This stuff will be native to FreeBASIC?  Cheesy

Why, absolutely yes!!!  d=Cheesy=b !  Started around 2-3½ months ago, I implemented an idea already of converting RelLib to FB in a custom-based way: by simply writing the new FB source code from the rather ground up to faithfully replicate at least some to many of the graphics calls and functions of the QB originals AFlib and RelLib, with as much FB knowledge as I do know, Rattrapmax6.  And I will be certain to continue with even more implementations, with awesome new features on the way — like the very newest 8x8 fonts and more custom graphics routines (like translucent 8-bit circles!), for instance.

Bear in mind this, please: the functionality of RelLib and AFlib (fresh from QB!) is gonna be there as much as ever in the new AFlib2 in FB, but the commands of the new lib here are gonna be totally different so far from what you’d expect from both RelLib and AFlib.  I will hopefully talk more about this later as this thread develops, ok?  :wtnod:

For most of AFlib2 so far, I customized it to place the implementations and new commands of the graphics routines from RelLib up there, and for some of them, some of the routines that I will be putting for this new library wrapper in FB is gonna be ASM-based.  Unfortunately, I *do not* know to create any proper ASM in FB myself ( Sad ), but Relsoft — the wonderful ASM master that he is — is behind the original ASM-based codes from the Space Impakto demo in FB, and it originally included 8-bit sprite collision, color, and translucent routines.  And I am gonna implement them into AFlib2, too!  You just wait and see!  Wink=b

Rattrapmax6, I thank you so much for your timely reply tonight.  See you later as I start burning the midnight oil on this very lib!!!  :cool:

- Adigun Azikiwe Polack
One of the Founders of “Aura Flow” ::: Continuing Developer of “Frantic Journey”
Current Developer of “Star Angelic Slugger” ::: Webmaster of the “AAP Official Projects Squad”

Your *official* home of the FreeBasic GFX Demo Central, now holding over 150 FB graphics demos so far!!!  Cheesy !
TheDarkJay
I hold this place together

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2005, 10:04:25 AM »

Hmm, me and my rpg engine will enjoy this.

This will mean i can havetext in it with different fonts...YAY!!! (That was a lame attempt at a slight joke)

I've been secretly making a rpg engine thingy, not like my forest on but with a level editor and stuff, yay!

url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][/url]
marzecTM
Ancient Guru

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2005, 10:53:37 AM »

uhm it's a port but it won't share the same interface as rellib/aflib? and where is frantic journey?

could somebody port ugl too :p

quote="NecrosIhsan"]

[/quote]
Adigun A. Polack
Ancient Guru

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2005, 05:56:45 PM »

To all of you:

AFlib2 is already making some progress and some serious strides as well, even as we speak!!  Wink  Observe!

As you can see, the translucent lines are now implemented successfully for the development of this lib (THANK YOU, DrV!!  Cheesy ! ), and the translucent circles have even made it in, too!  We have only just begun, folks!!!  :cool:

Since I do not know any proper ASM whatsoever at the moment, I am doing whatever I can in FreeBASIC (natively, I shall add!  Wink ) to optimize things.  Hang tight!

And to Richard Eric M. Lope (aka Relsoft):

Hello to you here, and, since AFlib2 is gonna be a group project, be sure to read my opening post of this thread so that you will know what we’re tackling here, ok?  Now so far, most of my translucency routines (pixels, circles, lines, and boxes) are all in pure 100% FB, but, even in case you can code once more as well, please PM me and we will make arrangements to convert the material (and the very best of RelLib, as well!) into ASM format to then be placed back into FreeBASIC!!  Cheesy=b  Won’t that be good, huh?

See you all later, everyone, as I continue to rock this new joint with what I know how to do in FB here for this lib!!!  :king:

- Adigun Azikiwe Polack

DrV
Na_th_an

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2005, 07:43:17 PM »

Hmm, I don't remember helping with transluncent lines, but ok.  Cheesy   Looks really good so far - I'm looking forward to some RelLib effects that I haven't seen implemented that way in any other libs, like the water and smooth effects.  If you need any help with that converting to ASM, just post it on these forums or the ones at freebasic.net, and I'm sure someone will be able to help you. Smiley
Adigun A. Polack
Ancient Guru

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2005, 08:57:44 PM »

To DrV:

About the translucent lines routine, I have done it out of POINT and PSET in FB, all with the help of one of Rel’s 3D Tutorials (particularly Chapter 3, I am guessing, but correct me if I am wrong on that!  Smiley ! ).  Up to now, I have been looking for quite some good line algos from all over the internet besides the regular FB LINE command, because I have had some major trouble in getting the lines to work properly in translucent form.  And lo and behold, I found that *wonderful* little line algo right here somewhere within  http://forum.qbasicnews.com/viewtopic.php?p=114206, as it simply became my inspiration for me to convert it successfully to graphics form to work in the way that I originally intended for it to be, you know that?  Cheesy  Upon further checking just now, I found that it originally came from Dr_Davenstein, not from you, so pardon me for thanking you by accidental mistake on that line algo.  I got my names totally mixed up tonight!  :lol: !

And correcting myself from that last post going into this one, I got Dr_Davenstein to thank indeed on that line algo, really.  And that is now official, because I want to make sure we have everything on the up and up here.  Wink=b !

It is such a pleasure to have you in this thread, DrV.  Be catching you later!!!  :king:

WITH SUCH A SHEER PASSION FOR DEVELOPING THIS LIB,

Adigun Azikiwe Polack

UPDATE (on September 21, 2005 at 1:03pm EST): The new “Mode-7”-based tile scrolling, support for PP256 sprites, and the mosaic graphics effect all have just been implemented last night!!!  Cheesy  Have a look:

(Mosaic graphics effect in action!)

(“SNES Mode-7”-like material like you have never seen before in higher graphics resolutions in FreeBASIC!!!  :cool:=b )

You can download these tests here:

•
AFlib2 Mosaic Test
• AFlib2 Mode-7 Test (9-21-2005) (arrow keys — instead of numbers — are used to control Cameras X and Y!)[/list]
.....and check ‘em out for yourself today!  Thank you everyone!!  :king:

speedlemon

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2005, 05:17:41 PM »

Wow AAP, this is just getting better and better! Keep up the hard work bud!  Cool
Rattrapmax6
__/--\__

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2005, 08:31:17 PM »

hehe.. cool  Cool

Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

Adigun A. Polack
Ancient Guru

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2005, 01:27:11 PM »

To all of you again:

Hello to you all today, and *please* pay very close and important attention to what I have to say here.  Smiley !  I have just now discovered a way in this forthcoming lib to custom-tweak the normal fullscreen graphics modes in MS-Windows to reveal brand-new pseudo ones, like this:

...and this....

.....so easily and efficiently!!  And best of all, it is even done on all fullscreen 8-bit modes up to 1024x768 so far!!!  Cheesy !

You know, they remind me of a topic called “New and never-before-seen QB graphics modes discovered!” that I have originally started on these QBasicNews.com forums back on Tuesday, January 11, 2005.  I said there that I was gonna do a tutorial based on it, but I have not got around to it as of yet ( Sad ), BUT I WILL get on with it as more and more time becomes available, so please be patient for that!  Wink=b

In the meantime, you can download this newest AFlib2 test here entitled:

•
AFlib2 GFX Tweak Test 1[/list]
.....and just you dare imagine all the AWESOME stuff that you are gonna to do with your games and projects using this very library by Aura Flow that we are talking about!!  Quite a first in FreeBASIC, huh?  Alright, be seeing you all as you enjoy this, and God bless!!!  Cheesy !!

BRINGING YOU SOMETHING REALLY SO SPECIAL,

Adigun Azikiwe Polack

UPDATE (on September 26, 2005 at 1:54pm EST):  I am so ABSOLUTELY thrilled to say that the all-new tweaked and custom 8-bit graphics resolutions for AFlib2 are now finally complete at last!!!  d=Cheesy=b !  Now, users of this new lib in FB can enjoy working in such rather special (and even exclusive!!) graphics modes in fullscreen as:

•
320x100x256
• 320x120x256
• 400x150x256
• 512x192x256
• 640x200x256
• 640x240x256
• 720x240x256
• 720x288x256
• 800x300x256
• 1024x384x256
• 1152x432x256
• 1280x512x256
• 1600x600x256

[/list]
....and such panorama-based modes as:

•
160x200x256
• 160x240x256
• 200x300x256
• 256x384x256
• 320x400x256
• 320x480x256
• 360x480x256
• 360x576x256
• 400x600x256
• 512x768x256
• 576x864x256
• 640x1024x256
• 800x1200x256

[/list]

.....and, I will bet now that some of the resolutions here will *definitely* remind you of the famous Mode-X resolutions in both QuickBASIC and DOS alike, but, they are made much better in MS-Windows (at least!  Wink )!!

You may check out and behold the graphics resolutions by downloading this here:

• AFlib2 GFX Tweak Test (Updated 9-26-2005!)[/list]
    .....and do enjoy them so richly, ladies and gentlemen!!  Thank you!!!  :king: !

MystikShadows
    Ancient Guru

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2005, 03:33:39 PM »

Wow, and I mean that in the most surprised way ;-).  lol

AFLIB2 is simply looking better and better everytime there's an update, no ifs and buts about it.  Looks like you're progressing quite well, and quite fast might I add. It's good to see the time and energy you spend on it.

I'm no Nostradamus, but I predict an awesome success to this library.  and I really don't think I'll be wrong about it.  With all the work you're putting into it, it deserves nothing less. :-)

Awesome work, and I can't wait to see what else will pop up from your hard and dedicated work my friend :-)

hen they say it can't be done, THAT's when they call me ;-).

need hosting:  http://www.jc-hosting.net
    All about ASCII: http://www.ascii-world.com
    Adigun A. Polack
    Ancient Guru

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2005, 05:59:31 PM »

To all of you once again:

I would like for all of you to pay REAL serious attention to some rather exciting news here.  Cheesy

So far since my previous post here, I have been working on a whole lot more for the development of AFlib2 lately.  And here is what I have successfully implemented just now:

» 320x200x256 graphics mode
      » 320x240x256 graphics mode
      » 400x300x256 graphics mode
      » 512x384x256 graphics mode
      » 640x400x256 graphics mode
      » 640x480x256 graphics mode
      » 720x480x256 graphics mode
      » 720x576x256 graphics mode
      » 800x600x256 graphics mode
      » 1024x768x256 graphics mode
      » 1152x864x256 graphics mode
      » 1280x1024x256 graphics mode
      » 1600x1200x256 graphics mode
      [/list]

• Full Scale4X support for ALL of the full-screen resolutions in this very order:
        » 512x384x256 graphics mode
        » 640x400x256 graphics mode
        » 640x480x256 graphics mode
        » 720x480x256 graphics mode
        » 720x576x256 graphics mode
        » 800x600x256 graphics mode
        » 1024x768x256 graphics mode
        » 1152x864x256 graphics mode
        » 1280x1024x256 graphics mode
        » 1600x1200x256 graphics mode
        [/list]

• Horizontal Scanlines (normal and one-colored versions!)

• Vertical Scanlines (normal and one-colored versions!)

• Vertical Screen Flips (remember the classic ‘80s and ‘90s arcade games that supported the “Screen Flip” feature?  :cool: )
        [/list]

And, here is a new demo that I have prepared for all of you on AFlib2, and it shows you all of the vertical screen flips that can be used in your programs using this new lib!  Observe carefully!!  Wink=b

This is the default 400x300 screen of this new demo here.

Now, watch the picture flipped vertically right before your eyes, all with precise ease using this lib!  d=Cheesy=b

Keep in mind that it actually supports *all* of the 8-bit graphics modes — up to as much as a whopping 1600x1200x256 one, too — that support full-screen (rather than just windowed alone)!!  :king:

You can download the AFlib2 Vertical Screen Flip Test in two parts entirely: here (part 1), and here (part 2).

Thank you all so very much, and I’m a plan on implementing up a custom AFlib2 Scale2X/Scale4X test for ‘ya as fast as I can before the deadline of QB Express #15, alright now?  Hey, with plenty of excitement building and building, be seeing you later!!!  ()v !!

BRINGING HOME SOME GROUND-BREAKING NEW TECHNOLOGIES INTO AFLIB2,

Adigun Azikiwe Polack

UPDATE (on October 14, 2005 at 1:14pm EST):  As promised, here comes the AFlib2 Scale2X/Scale4X tests that you can be so amazed by in this following download:

•
        AFlib2 Scale2X/Scale4X Test[/list]
        .....and also as promised, I made it *right* before the deadline of issue #15 of QB Express, too!!!  d=Cheesy=b !  And with this one, AFlib2 is now the VERY FIRST-EVER FreeBASIC library in existence that has Scale2X, Scale4X, and now the Scale8X implementations that I have just done recently.  Plus, expect some translucency-based fades during this demo, too!  Wink

UPDATE (on October 15, 2005 at 4:33pm EST):  Stop the presses, because I have just unleashed and programmed in an all-new, NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN ‘waterfall’ effect exclusively for AFlib2!!!  Check this!!  :cool: !

This screenshot may not convince you of a real waterfall, but seeing it in sheer action certainly will and then some!!!  Wink

Download my newest test here:
          •
        AFlib2 Waterfall Test[/list]
        ......and enjoy it quite richly, ladies and gentlemen!  Thank you again so much!!!  :king:=b !!

UPDATE (on October 23, 2005 at 10:45pm EST):  Yo, get a load of what I just came up with tonight for the continuing implementations of AFlib2!!!  Cheesy !

And would you imagine that they are all beautiful to look at in 8-bit?  YOU BET!  Wink  Just in are the Drawing Primitives test for this new lib, and you can check it out in this following download:

•
        AFlib2 Primitives Test[/list]

.......and included are the 19 new routines that you will soon be using:

•
        AF2.TransPixel
        • AF2.WuPixel
        • AF2.WuPixelT
        • AF2.TransLine
        • AF2.WuLine
        • AF2.TransBox
        • AF2.WuBox
        • AF2.TransBoxF
        • AF2.TransCircle
        • AF2.TransCircleF
        • AF2.WuCircle
        • AF2.WuCircleT
        • AF2.Triangle
        • AF2.TriangleT
        • AF2.WuTriangle
        • AF2.TriangleF
        • AF2.TriangleFT
        • AF2.GouraudTri
        • AF2.GouraudTriT[/list]
        Right now, they are currently developed in pure-FB (or pure FreeBASIC, just so you know!  :cool: ), so some of them may be a little slow at the moment.  Also, notice that there is a translucent filling bug in the command AF2.TransCircleF, but hey, at least it is better than nothing, right?  :wtnod:

Now with all of that in mind, please enjoy this all-new test!!!  \()/ !

TheDarkJay

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2005, 06:53:37 AM »

This looks AWESOME. The Waterfall effect...*drools*....everything *drools some more*...so *OMG the room has filled with drool*

url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][/url]
        Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
          Print  

Jump to: