Qbasicnews.com
May 19, 2019, 03:30:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Edit off?  (Read 8953 times)
whitetiger0990
__/--\__

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2005, 12:42:03 AM »

Quote from: "Sumo Jo"
The edit button is located at the top of your post, when in forum view.  If you still can't find it I'll upload a screenshot.

Oh shucks. I'll do it anyways =P

1) The username. The handle of the person posting the message.
2) The subname thingy. It's a thingy. Nuff said. Completely pointless. Usually used to tell normal users apart from admins and moderators.
3) Avatar, a kind of 'virtual face'
4) Information, it contains the date the poster joined the forums. The location of the poster. And the amount of posts.
5) The signature. It is automaticaly included to the bottom of all posts made by the poster.
6) Links to things about the poster. Like its profile, email and IM handles.
7) Post header, it has the date the post was made and the subject. (which in many cases is left blank)
8) The body of the message. This is where the actual message the poster is saying is located.
9) The modification tools. (or whatever they are called). To people other then the posters all there is to see is the quote button. This brings up the reply box with that users message in it. The edit button appears if you are the poster or have privledges to edit. It allows you to edit the post and resubmit it. The "X" button is only there for the poster and if it is the most recent post on the topic. It allows you to delete the post.

=P

[size=10]Back by popular demand!
I will byte and nibble you bit by bit until nothing remains but crumbs.[/size]
Ralph
Ancient Guru

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2005, 01:32:14 AM »

Whitetiger:
Thank you for your analytical review of each part of a post.  At this point, I am going to enter it as is, and report back on what parts I, the poster, can see.

Ralph, using QuickBASIC 4.5 and Windows XP Home Edition and Service Pack 2, with HP LaserJet 4L printer.
Ralph
Ancient Guru

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2005, 01:40:02 AM »

Hah!  I saw all of Whitetiger's 9 parts of a post, except for
 9) The modification tools. (or whatever they are called).

After carefully viewing the whole area, I caught a glimps of the bottom, and saw a horizontal scroll bar.  On scrolling to the left, hey!, I saw the Quote, Edit, Delete and Report This Post! :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:

I feel very humble, as I just didn't think of looking further, previously.  So, I beg forgiveness for my error, and am happy that your patience and forebearing let me learn one more thing.

Ralph, using QuickBASIC 4.5 and Windows XP Home Edition and Service Pack 2, with HP LaserJet 4L printer.
Sumo Jo
Been there, done that

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2005, 08:07:25 AM »

We all make mistakes.

url=http://fileanchor.com]FileAnchor[/url] - ImageAnchor - FBTK - QbasicNews - VPlanet - Various
rpgfan3233
Ancient Guru

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2005, 02:54:30 AM »

Shouldn't there be a report button as part of the "modification tools" in the screenshot? :-P

974277320612072617420666C61696C21 (Hexadecimal for those who don't know)
Neo
Na_th_an

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2005, 05:59:25 AM »

The little exclamation mark thing. I also wondered where it went.
Sumo Jo
Been there, done that

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2005, 08:05:28 AM »

Quote from: "rpgfan3233"
Shouldn't there be a report button as part of the "modification tools" in the screenshot? :-P

Not if the person who took it used subOracle or Helius.  The report button only got added to SubSilver and SmartDark and we deleted the SubOracle/Helius styles.  We brought them back after people made mention that they actually used them, so they never got the mod.

url=http://fileanchor.com]FileAnchor[/url] - ImageAnchor - FBTK - QbasicNews - VPlanet - Various
rpgfan3233
Ancient Guru

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2005, 01:37:39 AM »

Hehe, I forgot about that. Smiley

974277320612072617420666C61696C21 (Hexadecimal for those who don't know)
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: