Qbasicnews.com
October 15, 2019, 10:58:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: New tilework  (Read 5887 times)
Z!re
*/-\*

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2005, 09:08:54 AM »

That pic with a "bridge" gave me an idea for FV, thanks..

Everything looks really nice, I wouldnt mind getting my hands on that tileset Cheesy
Rattrapmax6
__/--\__

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2005, 09:34:54 AM »

Shocked That's cool......  Cool

Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

jsmith71
Been there, done that

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2005, 05:39:57 PM »

Z!re: I actually got the 'bridge' idea from Chrono Trigger, in the mountain areas in that game you see that kinda thing a few times. Comparing my tiles with CT's cliffs, mine still pale in comparison, but hey... CT had more than just one guy on graphics, so I suppose I'm doing pretty well Tongue
Trees next, I think, then back to houses...
barok
Na_th_an

How about a tasty lead sandwich?

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2005, 11:01:10 PM »

Seriously, those cliffs rock!  I mean, I was impressed with final fantasy 6's cliff's, but yours impress me more!

Jumping Jahoolipers!
Rattrapmax6
__/--\__

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2005, 11:53:05 PM »

Quote from: "barok"
Seriously, those cliffs rock!

Of course they rock.... What else would a cliff be made of? And dirt btw, would be ground up rock..  :wink:

Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

jsmith71
Been there, done that

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2005, 12:04:53 AM »

Quote from: "barok"
Seriously, those cliffs rock!  I mean, I was impressed with final fantasy 6's cliff's, but yours impress me more!

Shocked Well... thanks. That's a huge compliment to me. Smiley Like I said I mainly studied Chrono Trigger's cliffs for refrence, don't think I quite 'beat' them... can't really remember ff6's cliffs though, apart from the fact that I really wanted to make some like them when I first saw them. Tongue

One thing I can't seem to get away from is the 'cartoony' style of my graphics, even if only slightly like these recent ones. Also, and I think it may be because of the palette I use, I have a tendancy to make things too...bright. Of course editing the palette to tone it down isn't that hard, but still, there's a few aspects of my 'style' I'd really rather get over. Ah well, eventually... :wink:
barok
Na_th_an

How about a tasty lead sandwich?

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2005, 03:23:21 AM »

well, there's one small thing about your cliffs now that i think about it.  One can easily see where the cliffs "bend."  You see a straight cliff, suddenly it turns diagonal.  Though it seems you tried to make it seem seamless, it still looks like as if someone carved up the rock to make a perfect corner.  

yeah, toning down the brightness would definately make the cliffs look a bit more realistic.  Maybe try to look at pictures of real cliffs though to get an idea of what to aim for?

Jumping Jahoolipers!
dumbledore
Ancient Guru

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2005, 03:26:08 AM »

yeah, smooth down the edges a bit and it will be  :king:

ttp://m0n573r.afraid.org/
Quote from: "HexDude"
quote: "<+whtiger> you... you don't know which way the earth spins?" ... see... stupidity leads to reverence, reverence to shakiness, shakiness to... the dark side
...phear
jsmith71
Been there, done that

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2005, 04:21:31 AM »

Done. Just a quickly thrown-together mockup to show it...

Also, something else... to avoid typing the whole thing again I'm just going to link to the RPGDX topic.
http://forums.rpgdx.net/viewtopic.php?t=1356&start=15
Sixth post down on page 2.

EDIT: Started a new tileset, castle interior... still lots of tiles to do, it's pretty bland at the moment, but here's a basic mockup showing what I do have:

Still not to happy with my current work though. I've set my sights on Seiken Densetsu 3 style graphics and I'm not stopping. :wink:
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: