Qbasicnews.com
September 18, 2019, 08:12:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Back to Qbasicnews.com | QB Online Help | FAQ | Chat | All Basic Code | QB Knowledge Base

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need of an artist, and this time with a demo.  (Read 6684 times)
TheBlueKeyboard
Wandering Guru

« on: June 25, 2005, 07:42:31 PM »

Im making an RPG called Zic and need an artist.

Engine features:
-Pixel * pixel scrolling
-Background music
-Scriptengine which supports nested IFs and variables.
-Moving NPCs
-Realtime battles
-And ripped sprites...

I have now put some temporary ripped sprites into the game...
I need someone to do a little bit of art for my game, just a few sprites. Basically:

(only one frame per direction)
-Zic in all 4 directions
-Enemy demon in all 4 directions
-Old man with long grey hair...(how original heh? Tongue) in 1 direction
-Random villager in all 4 directions

So thats a total of 13 sprites...

I'm setting up a site at tripod now, Ill get a link to a demo of the game with ripped sprites shortly.

2nd EDIT:
Ok here's the new location:
http://fileanchor.com/1098-d

-BlueKeyboard

It's the difference between asking someone how much flour goes into pancakes, and handing them a sorry mix of oozing green goo and asking them to fix it." - Deleter

-Founder & President of the No More Religion Threads movement-
TheBlueKeyboard
Wandering Guru

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2005, 12:22:55 PM »

--deleted

It's the difference between asking someone how much flour goes into pancakes, and handing them a sorry mix of oozing green goo and asking them to fix it." - Deleter

MystikShadows
Ancient Guru

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2005, 12:24:19 PM »

try www.fileanchor.com :-)   (sumo you can thank me later ;-) lol)

hen they say it can't be done, THAT's when they call me ;-).

need hosting:  http://www.jc-hosting.net
All about ASCII: http://www.ascii-world.com
TheDarkJay
I hold this place together

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2005, 01:47:09 PM »

I came to this forum to escape the horror of ripped sprites that plagued the gamemaker forums, but there is simply no escape. The horror, the horror, the horror. Make the RIPPED SPRITES STOP. j/k.

Anyway, lets take a look at the engine, on no, he ripped chrono trigger, no, nust concentrate on engine.

The movements a bit slow. Speech seems fine, graphics are ripped so i'll let you of on the fact the graphics don't match. The rest i fine as far as i can see (i onl had a 5 minute go on it). Text Fading is a bit slow (as in you end up thinking VANISH ALREADY!) but other than that it's pretty damn good, magic passes through. The source code would have been nice to look at.

url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][/url]
Deleter
Na_th_an

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2005, 02:00:26 PM »

the battles are really boring...despite the music. Since this is a wip, I will abstain from saying anything else really negative. Control was easy enough, the only thing is that you get stuck on the corners of tree's. Also, the characters should have different dialogues if you talk to them 2x. IE I shouldn't have to tell the mysterious man the secret word twice. Other than that, get new graphics, keep the good music, and keep going.  Smiley

TheDarkJay

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2005, 02:05:10 PM »

to be honest i hate the final fantasy style dialouge, the people saying the same thing over and over again till you just wish flanders was dead, ever played morrowind? Try dialouge like that, you basically have a list of options and the reply depends on how much the people like you, things like the scripted speech can be handled by message boxes.

Deleter
Na_th_an

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2005, 03:06:26 PM »

yeah. I'm either in favor of an option dialogue, or monologue style like diablo. Involuntary conversation =  :barf:

Lachie Dazdarian

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2005, 03:52:22 AM »

I would help you if I had the time. You really need to elaborate more precisely what kind of graphic and graphic style you want if you want to get help.
TheBlueKeyboard
Wandering Guru

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2005, 07:10:33 PM »

I suppose I want medievil style graphics..

The main character Zic should be dressed as a mage...
And the enemies, the demons...well, speaks for itself.

Random villagers and other NPCs should look medievil style.

So what I really want is graphics that give some adventure feeling...

Ive worked some more on the game, now the dialogs fade in and out, and the spells have lightning. I also optimized the code and made it better. Added an inventory system and redid the statusbar so it looks much better.

TheDarkJay

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2005, 12:51:09 PM »

If you plan on this game being editable, you need more scripts (like locations of stuff), the whole game must work entirely by loading the scripts apart from the odd bit being hard-coded like the speech system (of course what the scripts do must be hard-coded), if not you need to encrypt the scripts ou have so people won't edit them and screw up the game.

TheBlueKeyboard
Wandering Guru

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2005, 01:35:06 PM »

Everything is scripted...even tile loading subs, so you can change tileset by a script command. Music is scripted, and subs to load music is scripted. Everything is scripted  Cheesy

TheDarkJay

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2005, 05:29:27 PM »

Do you want this to be editable or not?

TheBlueKeyboard
Wandering Guru

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2005, 08:48:39 PM »

Yes...for me it should be Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: